NOT THE SCALE!

Options
I really DONT want to get on the scale tomorrow - after a bad weekend. I did so good starting out with my weight loss (8lb) - and haven't gained anything back yet and I am worried that I have now....

On one hand I will be so upset if I gained - an d want to give up, blah blah.

On the other hand - if I lose, that will give me more motivation. But what are the chances.

Maybe I'll stay the same.

I try not to let #s get in the way - but it helps me to look at my weight often. If I don't, I get out of control.

So, just wanted to say, I'm dreading this - but I will do it. And I will move on!

Replies

• kdsmith
    kdsmith Posts: 250
    Options
    Don't be like me and skip the weigh in, as suddenly I had skipped 3 weigh ins and gained 5 pounds!!!
    Good luck, any weight gained over a weekend will be lost quickly (advice I should have thought of!)
    Kim
  • femme62209
    femme62209 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should try to look at this way:

If you gained weight this week, that will be even more motivation for you to work even harder this upcoming week. Don't give up on yourself...and DO cut yourself some slack. You are doing amazing!!! Eight lbs is no joke!
  • AdriGirl
    AdriGirl Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Bad weeks-weekends happen. Life happens. Don't let the scale worry you so much, weigh yourself and keep motivated. I had two weeks of weighing the same (prior to finding this site) and I was discouraged, but if I didn't keep I trying I knew nothing would change. Don't let the number on the scale get to you to much, just keep trying.
  • LindaSueBakk
    LindaSueBakk Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Consider changing your weigh-in day to Friday. It works a lot better for me! Weekends usually mean eating out or snacking too much which means high sodium and water weight.
  • cjwolfjen
    cjwolfjen Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    if you really like the control of weighing yourself often, then pick two days in the week to do it and do it early in the morning before you eat or drink. don't worry if the scale goes up... *kitten* happens... the not giving up and saying heck with it, thats the attitude you need to have. its hard. but keep trying. when you feel like you can't control a craving, then just give into it, and only eat a LITTLE bit of it, and see if you can work it into your daily calorie goal. If you are feeling strong and can tell yourself "no" then do that instead. I still eat candy at times, just small amounts. Also cookies, just here and there. But the other day my whole family got dairy queen and I even went and ordered it, and I didn't get myself anything! I was SO proud of myself. Now, maybe next time I'll want a mini blizzard or something... who knows? But if I do, I'll first try to tell myself "no".. if the craving is too strong then I'll have a little bit, and try to get back on track. You can't deny deny deny, and then binge... thats a bad cycle to get into. Always allow yourself a little bit of whatever you like to eat but keep the overall goal of healthier food and more exercise your number one priority. It will get easier!!