Help Please! Need to control food intake on days of extreme

Options
So today I was busy ALL day. I joined a local running club, and ran with them for about 30 minutes. After that I went and volunteered at a local farm- for 3.5 hours. I did not expect to spend the amount of time there that I did. Needless to say I was not prepared. I did not have my water bottle with me to continuously hydrate, nor did I have any sort of snack to keep my metabolism going.

Today was family dinner night, and unfortunately pasta was the main dish. I would love to say that my intake was a normal portion size, but given the day I had and the fact that pasta is one of my trigger foods.... let's just say I had a very nice large bowl of pasta/

I need any tips, ideas, or just general advice on how to stay on track during days like these where I am exercising for at least 3 hours. Thanks!

Replies

• tammyquinnlmt
    tammyquinnlmt Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Remember the water bottle, and don't beat yourself up! sometimes I still bring in much more than I should, but just think of it as its ok...the next meal will be better.
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    I think you already know....next time have water & snacks with you. I'm sure you must have worked off a bunch of calories.
    This is all a live & learn..... you'll know better next time.

2639362.png
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    An easy way is to always be prepared for days like this. Pack a cooler with snacks for the day including high protein options. Try to take a break during days like this to eat several small meals.
  • denitraross
    denitraross Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    by the sounds of it - you probably burnt off any amount of pasta you ate for dinner..what was your eating like the rest of the day? Did you have plenty of protein and fiber to fuel your day? I always keep fiber one bars in my purse for when I get stuck and can't eat when I should and change to buy water if I don't have my water bottle with me..

As for the pasta - i hear you there, it is one of my foods as well that is hard to control....but I started eating a salad with mine and I eat far less pasta, but still get my pasta :)
  • CrystalRules
    CrystalRules Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I keep healthy snacks in the car for situations just like that. Sometimes I don't have time to plan ahead, or things get crazy, so I just get into my bag of goodies and that helps me avoid drive-thrus or overdoing it when I get home. Just put some stuff in the back seat and leave it there.
  • jennro7781
    jennro7781 Posts: 208
    Options
    I don't leave the house without my 32oz water bottle. I also keep at least one protein bar in my purse. I really enjoy Larabars. They are Gluten-free, no sugar added and all natural and YUMMY! :)
  • mufiey
    mufiey Posts: 38
    Options
    by the sounds of it - you probably burnt off any amount of pasta you ate for dinner..what was your eating like the rest of the day? Did you have plenty of protein and fiber to fuel your day? I always keep fiber one bars in my purse for when I get stuck and can't eat when I should and change to buy water if I don't have my water bottle with me..

As for the pasta - i hear you there, it is one of my foods as well that is hard to control....but I started eating a salad with mine and I eat far less pasta, but still get my pasta :)
    i do the same thing with the fiber one bars they are great in a pinch! i also do kellOggs fiber plus same fiber less sodium and cal at least in the ones ive tried