Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

sugar

I keep going over my sugar like wayyyyyy over my sugar. Any suggestions on how to limit sugar intake?

Replies

• Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    I have the same problem. I am also interested in the comments.
  • Moonbeamlissie
    Moonbeamlissie Posts: 504 Member
    If it is from fruit I don't worry about it so much. If I am eating candy or something then I need to limit.
  • wvjanie
    wvjanie Posts: 37 Member
    I am a vegetarian and also am consistently way over. I look to see where the sugar calories are coming from. If it is from the natural sugar in fruits, vegetables and grains I don't worry about it. That should be healthy. So far, even with the "high" sugar totals (from natural sources) I am consistently losing about 1 1/2- 2 lbs. per week.
  • blackpearlgrl
    blackpearlgrl Posts: 35 Member
    I am having the same problem. It is from like eating a small banana and yogart for example and little misc. stuff. I thought two fruits a day . idk either.
  • Also, a lot of processed foods love to had added sugar. The more whole foods you eat...the less ingredients in something, the less sugar intake you will have.
  • jhole
    jhole Posts: 1
    Ah yes, sugar. MY suggestion would be if your craving something sweet do what I do and eat a fruit cup. My morning routine at work used to be a few cups of coffee and a bag of M&M's. I stopped putting sugar in my coffee and started eating sweet fruits instead, feel much better by lunch time. If you add 2-3 spoons of sugar cut it down to half of that, if you do that 5 times in the day it's a step in the right direction.
  • I was trying to find out how to track sugar, I only see fat, carbs, calories and protein. Can someone tell me where to add sugar so it tracks?

as for sugar, I got a small bag of dark chocolate kisses, and if I have 2 or 3 it satisfies my sweet tooth and it's pretty low in sugar compared to other sweets.

Other tricks, if it's late at night, sometimes if I get a sweet tooth, I brush my teeth, it keeps me from wanting any food.
  • Read the labels on any "Fat Free" or "Low Fat" products. If they've cut the fat, chances are they've replaced it with sugar. :)
  • I was trying to find out how to track sugar, I only see fat, carbs, calories and protein. Can someone tell me where to add sugar so it tracks?

Go to Food / Settings and you can chose to track up to 5 items
  • thektturner
    thektturner Posts: 228 Member
    I don't worry about it if it's from fruit or milk. I did give up yogurt because of the insane amount of sugar in it, though. I can't stand non-flavored yogurt and the flavored would eat up 90% of my sugar grams for the day in just one serving.
  • thanks Lisa!
  • kmb2522
    kmb2522 Posts: 48
    its from eating fruits and carrots i eat a lot of carrots, and from milk, and bread. i never eat processed food really its from candy ive been under a lot of stress and have been turning to chocolate. its bad