Does 5 pounds made much of a difference on you?

Options
13»

Replies

• curvygirl512
    curvygirl512 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Next time you are in the grocery store, try dragging a five-pound bag of apples or a five-pound bag of sugar around. It's agony for me. I can't imagine carrying all that extra weight all the time.

My clothes do fit me better after a five-pound loss. More importantly, I FEEL better.

LOL . . .
  • Ver2
    Ver2 Posts: 37
    Options
    this is about 4.5 pounds for your encouragement i hope :)

4half.png
  • AngieDee12
    AngieDee12 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    awesome! that is helpful and motivates me too. Thank you. By the way, how tall are you?
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Height makes a difference, but I think your current weight makes a bigger difference. If you're significantly overweight, a 5 lb gain OR loss will not be noticeable, regardless of your height. If you're at or close to a healthy weight for your height and body type, then 5 lbs is definitely more noticeable. I always say this is the silver lining. As you get closer to your goal, every pound gets harder and harder to lose, but every pound also makes a bigger difference in your appearance than it did before.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    5 pounds makes no difference at all on me. I am 5'7"
  • sam23030
    sam23030 Posts: 76
    Options
    I'm 5ft2 and I have lost 6 pounds so far, I would say I have noticed it on my stomach, but then nothing gets by that lol i'm not particularily wide in terms on bone structure so if I have a big meal by stomach really sticks out like a small food baby! Not great but it does mean that having a little less fat on the normal layer of my stomach makes it better.

That said I've not really noticed a great change anywhere else, other than my stomach I carry most of my weight on my thighs and bum and would definately like to see the next 5 coming off there!
  • Sandyalcatraz
    Options
    I began walking consistently about a month ago and I've lost about 4 lbs. I feel a big difference, so I was checking if someone else felt the same way. From what I've read it is. I am trying to celebrate every pound and take it one day at a time. I think I found the key, consistency!
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    I have lost 7 pounds and at least an inch everywhere, so it definitely makes a difference on me, but that could just be because of the lifting. I'm 5'2 and I lift heavy and often.
  • DeniseB0711
    DeniseB0711 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Yes 5lbs makes a difference. It makes my clothes fit different and I get "fat bags" under my arm pits when I get over 170....usually the first indicator I have gained weight..

Denise