How long did it take YOU to lose 30lbs +

Options
Hi everyone! I am just wondering how long did it take each of you to lose 30 lbs + and were you using this site to do it? :)

Replies

• jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    It took me about 5 months and still have way more to go. have had most success since being with this site.
  • Genie30
    Genie30 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Not there yet but I've been going since Christmas and I hope to be there by 1st May sooo... Projected time = 5 months. I have used this site to do it and I've not been perfect so it's been a bit of a roller coaster journey at times.

Good luck with your goals!
  • rfcollins33
    rfcollins33 Posts: 630
    Options
    I started my journey around Christmas as well. I was really sick at first, and had no appetite, so that helped to drop a lot of lbs quickly. But, even though I average out more than 2 pounds a week, most weeks I've lost 1 or 2. If that makes any sense. lol
  • digby765
    digby765 Posts: 163
    Options
    No where near there yet two and half months in and stuck at 14lb....:grumble:
  • canaussie
    canaussie Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I've lost 28lbs in 2 months... almost 30 now!
  • pinksoldier
    Options
    it's taken me 12-weeks of working out 6 days//wk with cardio and weights. this site DEFINATELY helped me out on the nutirtion side!
    good luck to you!
  • FK1983
    FK1983 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I lost 107lbs in 6 months so I'd say 30lbs in about 3-4 weeks in my case BUT this was when I had a LOT of weight to lose, it gets slower and slower the less you have to lose! :smile:

Trying to lose 30lbs from my current weight (166.6lbs) would takes months and months (if it was even possible), just shows how weight loss changes as you progress closer to your goal!
  • Seesaa
    Seesaa Posts: 451
    Options
    almost 8 months...and not quite there...but it's been a learning process so i'm ok with that.
  • Purple_Orchid_87
    Purple_Orchid_87 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    im not there yet - i started my new life on 29th March 2011 and haev lost 13lbs since then - so about a third of the way to the big 30 and im kinda scared i wont make it
  • flausa
    flausa Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Since mid-January, I've been using MFP to help me track my food intake. Also, I've been training for the Edinburgh Half Moon. So between the change in diet, and power walking 4 times a week, I've lost over 30 lbs. I've still got at least another 30 to go, but I will get there. Just remember, depending on how much total weight you have to lose, it might take you longer to lose the weight than other folks.
  • Rockin33
    Rockin33 Posts: 58
    Options

How are you losing so much a month? Awesome.
  • Purple_Orchid_87
    Purple_Orchid_87 Posts: 517 Member
    Options

How are you losing so much a month? Awesome.
    I have lost 13 in just under 3 weeks - but i do believe its mostly water - i go to the supermarket and lift a 2.5kg bag of potatoes and realise that's 5lbs so carrying around 2 and a bit of them all day is actually quite a bit of weight

WELL DONE!
  • BigGail
    BigGail Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Mine was about 5 months and probably could've lost more if I'd been a bit more dedicated!:wink:
  • gailygail99
    gailygail99 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    a little over two months. i started on 1/7/11 i think and i believe i hit the 30lb mark around 3/12/11.
  • xrockinrobyn
    xrockinrobyn Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'll be hitting 6 months on the 22nd so about 5 months it took me, and I'm not very strict :blushing:
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    My first 30lbs was gone in 10 weeks (2 1/2 months) - since then it has been a bit slower, but I still average around 11lbs a month...
  • janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    I lost 27 lbs in almost 3 months, but have plateaued since early in April. Here's the deal with weight loss - if you're on the heavy side, say over 200 lbs (I started at 244) it's going to take you less time to lose, you can lose about .4 a day or more when you're bigger. Then when you lose more it starts to become harder to lose weight. In other words, if you only have 30 lbs to lose it will take you longer to lose 30 lbs than someone who needs to lose 100 lbs & has lost 30 lbs. I hope I'm making sense. But the lighter you are the more difficult it is to lose weight and it will take a lighter person more time to lose 30 lbs than a heavier person.
  • tummymummy
    Options
    It took me just under 3 months and that was MFP and Jillian Michaels
  • Sweetcheeks278
    Options
    My goal is to loose 31lbs. I started 5 weeks ago and have lost 13 so far being very strict. Little to no sugar, little to no red meat, etc. So I'm hoping to be to my goal by mid June - so 3mths - 4mths. Good luck! :)
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    I have 30 pounds to lose, total. I started MFP just over 2 months ago and am half way there (15 pounds down), however I have noticed my losses are now going slower. The first 10 pounds practically melted off.

To answer your other question, I have only used MFP for weight loss. I started changing my eating habits on 2/15/11.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!