The "how are you losing it" question

Options
So recently I have been asked by people "what are you doing to lose wieght" or "how did you lose the weight" I am 42 lbs down since 12/26, still have a long road to go, but I am happy that people are noticing.
Heres the thing, I don't think they believe me when i tell them simply calories in vs calories out. I log my foods, stay with im my caloires 98% of the time and workout 5 to 6 times a week. Only last week did I start using a personal trainer. It seems many people want to think that I use some sort of magic pill, or special diet, or I'm not sure, but really I don't its the simple calories in vs calories out and working out. As of right now I do not eat my workout calories back, because its working, when it stops working, i'll adjust it.
Just wondering if anyone else has run into the same??
I always tell them about this site and offer to friend them if they join, but so far no takers......

Replies

• hjy319
    hjy319 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I do eat healthier now than before, but do not deprive myself of anything, if I want it, I figure out a way for it to work into my calories.
  • mommybgood
    Options
    Oh believe me I know! I'm an RN and even my co workers (who should know better) are constantly looking for the easy road. There is no easy road. I see lots of patients after bariatric surgery too and I hate to be the one to tell them that it still all comes down to diet and exercise, even after bypass surgery.
    I've come to the realization that I'm probably going to be logging what I eat the rest of my life, and I'm ok with that! :smile:
  • hjy319
    Options
    I will too be logging forever, when i stop logging, I start gaining. :)
  • akadrea
    akadrea Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Same here! When I tell them I'm watching what I eat and hitting the gym, it seems like a big letdown!
  • cypridae
    cypridae Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    And then there are those people like me who do all the same things that you do and it makes no difference in my weight.I started this 3 weeks ago. I've lost absolutely nothing.
  • justleeanne
    justleeanne Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Yeah it sounds "too normal"!

Keep up the good work and keep shocking them all! :)
  • Terri73
    Terri73 Posts: 238
    Options
    Stopped the munchies in the evenings. As i used to eat great during the day and when the kids went to bed thats when i loaded up on the calories.
  • Terri73
    Terri73 Posts: 238
    Options
    And then there are those people like me who do all the same things that you do and it makes no difference in my weight.I started this 3 weeks ago. I've lost absolutely nothing.

I was like that but keep going hun it WILL happen for you.
  • FK1983
    FK1983 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    As of right now I do not eat my workout calories back, because its working, when it stops working, i'll adjust it.
    I'm the same!
    I don't eat my exercise calories back and have done really well over the last 6 months (107lbs lost), I just stick to what works for me to be honest :bigsmile:
  • hjy319
    Options

It will come off, I too go through times where it seems like forever, and then all of a sudden the scale starts to move!! Just be patient, and keep up the good work!
  • hjy319
    Options
    As of right now I do not eat my workout calories back, because its working, when it stops working, i'll adjust it.
    I'm the same!
    I don't eat my exercise calories back and have done really well over the last 6 months (107lbs lost), I just stick to what works for me to be honest :bigsmile:

GREAT JOB!!!!
  • FK1983
    FK1983 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!!!
    Thanks! you have done an awesome job too! big pat on the back! :smile:
  • justleeanne
    justleeanne Posts: 251 Member
    Options

You could open your diary up and ask for some advice on the forums. It may help. :)
  • hjy319
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!!!
    Thanks! you have done an awesome job too! big pat on the back! :smile:

Thank you. This is why I love this site, there are so many people who go throught he same stuff and are willing to share thier experiences and be supportive of others!
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    I was asked yesterday "what are you taking" !!! My answer "I am doing it the old fashioned way - eating right and excercising more"
    The guys at work find it hard to believe - I must be the person that eats most during the day - I feel as if I am always in the kitchen.... But they are now seeing the results - and a few has started to follow my lead.
  • binsylad
    binsylad Posts: 99
    Options
    I am just starting to get a double take - when people look and then look again - I have lost almost 40lbs in less than 3 months. Dont get me wrong, I have plenty more to lose.

I have read just about every "diet" book out there, and have tried everything, including fake weightloss patches, thermobol , fruit only detox and even zenical......but none and I mean none of them have got near to this app.

Its that simple. Eat slightly less than the energy you expend and you will always lose. chuck in plenty of walking and double whammy - off it falls!

I have currently dropped bread, rice, pasta and potatoes from my diet (i mean food as I am not on a diet) and the inches are now following the pounds.

Well done, Good luck and keep up the good work!!

Mike / London, UK
  • kishmodasia
    Options
    The great thing is that you are still here and probably have not gained any weight either which is such a great thing! Keep in there. My weight loss has really plateaued however my awareness of what I am eating is great. I also do not do much exercise so need to change that.
  • mommybgood
    Options
    I don't eat my exercise calories back in general. I do sometimes eat a few of them (via an extra glass of milk or a piece of fruit) if I have a particularly tough work out or I have more than 400 exercise calories that day.
  • delilah514
    delilah514 Posts: 126 Member
    Options

Don't give up. I go weeks with out losing as well & then all of a sudden a few pounds come off then nothing for a couple more weeks. Just hang in there it will happen.

:flowerforyou:
  • gailygail99
    gailygail99 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    i totally agree too. all about counting those calories and measuring your food i think, and exercise of course! :happy:
    i've gotten a few people to join so far and they LOVE it too! someone asked me when i was going to stop counting calories one time and i simply replied NEVER...:bigsmile: