Do you weigh yourself everyday

Options
Do you weigh yourself everyday? I do as it keeps me more focused. But curious if everyone else does and do you enter it on here too like me or am I crazy lol

Replies

• fuzzymel
    fuzzymel Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I do but I only log the weight once a week.
  • shadow3829
    shadow3829 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I do. I understand it is going to fluctuate, so when it does I don't panic. It keeps me in check.
  • AUPerry
    AUPerry Posts: 166
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday, but I only record it on Wednesday.
    As you should know, your weight fluctuates a lot during that week :P
  • shumatet1982
    Options
    No I don't. It will get me only obsessed with numbers, instead of behavior.
    I weigh in max. onxe a week.
  • joaniegray
    joaniegray Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    A lot of people just weigh in once a week and that is often recommended by weight loss gurus. But for me, usually I weigh in first thing in morning on an empty stomach - at least at beginning of this journey. Now because I pretty much do eat the same amount every day, I skip a few days now and then. But for me, it's a reminder - hey, watch what you eat! Otherwise I tend to go off course too often.

If I eat out with friends, I do not weigh in the next day - that's discouraging. But I do get right back on my plan and weigh in the next day!

Good luck... we can all do this on this site. It's an awesome site.
  • lindak71
    lindak71 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I don't weigh myself everyday because I don't want to be disappointed if perhaps I don't lose what I think I should or the number goes up because of water-weight fluctuation. I weigh-in on Mondays and ! check my progress on Thursdays. Any more than that and it would make me crazy. I don't want to be obsessive about any part of this process- counting calories, exercising or weighing in. I've always had an issue with food and overeating- I don't need to exchange one compulsion with another!! Hope this helps!
  • CARNAT22
    CARNAT22 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    It would drive me nuts to see my daily fluctuation so I limit myself to once a week...
  • jsteras
    jsteras Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day, a personal choice because I know that will keep me on track. I record any loss on here whether it is two days or four days. I feel that makes me work hard to keep it a loss. I do fluctuate in weight but it is a pound or two and I can usually look at what I have eaten and understand why.
  • yaddayaddayadda
    yaddayaddayadda Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I don't weigh myself that often -- maybe once each week. Its like watching the stock market. Watching the trends over time is more telling than watching the daily ups and downs.
  • JoEllen92
    JoEllen92 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I used to but I'm not going to anymore. I get obsessed with lowering the number and not how my body looks and feels so i'm going to try and make an effort to only weigh myself once every 2 months or once a month at minimum. I've never had a full blow ED but I've always teetered on the brink of those unhealthy and dangerous behaviours and weighing myself frequently will just lead me down the wrong path. So for now I'm going on how I feel/look and how my clothes fit and because I'm planning on doing Insanity weighing myself everyday would only dishearten me as i'd be building muscle and therefore possibly gaining a bit of weigh but it'd be good weight gain .
    Ahh I'm giving myself 30 weeks to lose 15-25lbs and tone up, I'm not overly sure of my starting weight but I think I'm around 135 and even if I only got to 115 then I'd be super happy.
  • WildcatMom82
    WildcatMom82 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I do usually, but have stopped in the last couple weeks since I've plateaued and was getting really frustrated about it. I only record it once a week on weigh in day, though.
  • mabear74
    mabear74 Posts: 248
    Options
    I weigh once a week, and sometimes even just every couple of weeks. I got quite obsessed with my scale for a while, and it wasn't pretty. I started keeping the scale out of sight and pull it out when I need it. I have been much happier this way, and actually have made better progress.
  • Elle408
    Elle408 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I rarely weigh myself at all now! Maybe once a month? I easily get distracted by the numbers and start freaking out over the daily +/- so I just give myself a break and go by how my clothes fit and how I feel as to whether I'm doing ok!
  • crazeness
    crazeness Posts: 91
    Options
    Nope, once a week here. If I weighed myself every day I would then be obsessed with the numbers and I don't want that.
  • darblij
    darblij Posts: 89
    Options
    I check every morning...shouldn't really but it's just routine now.
  • mcewan07
    mcewan07 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself frequently, sometimes several times a day. This is not recommended i know, i just think it is funny some of the results i see in myself.
    For example after a meal out (although my days total has not went over the 2000 mark) my weight that night goes up 4lbs, the next morning i am down to only 2lbs heaver and it usually takes 3 days before my weight is back to what it was. Another thing i have found useful is that i know i am lighter at 12 after breakfast (sometimes i have not had breakfast by then - depending what time i wake up at) . Another funny think i have found is if i go for a bath or shower i lose a lb, from what i was on the scales before hand .I have noticed this one quite a few time (and no i wouldn't say i am that mucky to be carrying around a 1lb of dirt :P. lol.

So my answer is yes i do , although it doesn't bether me when my weight goes up and down, i like seeing what makes it go up and down, and if i didn't do it i wouldnt have found (for me at least) that i weigh less at 12midday, as i do first thing in the morning, when most are told to weigh themselves
  • FK1983
    FK1983 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    It would drive me nuts to see my daily fluctuation so I limit myself to once a week...
    ^This!

Once a week gives a far more stable reading, everyone's weight changes during a typical day up and down again so not very useful weighing yourself more than once a week to be honest.
  • INSANITY43
    INSANITY43 Posts: 142
    Options
    I jump on the scales every morning.....Keeps me focused. The daily fluctuations do not discourage me as I'm aware of "water" vs actual "gain" feeling. It keeps me motivated...reminds me that today is a new day. I only log weight lose on MFP and then only if it is a true loss and once I stay at that weight for several days...I do not log fluctuations. In the past, I would have obsessed but I've learned that the scales "weigh my body" not my worth as a person! I now view the scales as just one more tool in my arsenal to a healthier, more fit lifestyle.....Good Luck!
  • mideon_696
    mideon_696 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I'm lucky to weight myself each week...more like fortnight, and more out of interest...haha.
    Its not important to me anymore. but i do understand that it is to alot of people.
    I jusdge progress in two ways:
    The mirror(he's a nasty *kitten*) &
    My strength and performance. I'm getting stronger/faster etc, so i'm winning.
  • JanW01
    JanW01 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I weigh 2 - 3 times per week but only have 1 official recorded weigh in.