Early weight loss very slow

Options
for 3 weeks I have cut out all sugar, diet coke and wheat ( pasta, all bread and minimal carb intake through vegetables and fruit)
i have been drinking 2-3 litres of water a day and eating mainly protein and vegetables and salad and exercising 1-2 times a week.
i have reduced jy daily calorie intake by 25-30% but frustratingly only lost 3 pounds.

Any advice on why and what I can do to speed this up?

Replies

• Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    1lb a week is a good weight loss to be able to stick too plan, and keep it off after. Any reason you want to go faster?
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Healthy weight loss is 1-2 pounds a week.
    This is good, not bad.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Your weight loss is very good. If you want to really see the results in your body, measure your neck, shoulders, chest, waist, biceps, forearm, quads and lower leg. You will be able to see the inches come off faster than the pounds, and after all, isn't that the most important measurement?
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Losing a pound per week is a very good rate of loss! And the way you're doing it, you are also probably also conserving as much lean muscle mass as you can.

I know it can be frustrating to feel like you're working so hard and seeing slow loss, but it really is the best way!

How much weight do you hope to lose overall? If you only need to lose a small amount (say under 25 pounds or so) it's going to be difficult to lose quickly--and if you did lose quickly, you'd be losing muscle.
  • marysue0101
    Options
    Try to work in more exercise. I TRY to do something every day. AND don't give up :)
  • Endralo
    Endralo Posts: 8
    Options
    I think you're doing great--celebrate those 3 pounds! You're currently doing 1-2 workouts a week? Try 3 workouts a week--or more long walks--or dancing around, making cleaning the house a workout by making your movements more exagerated, or standing on your tip toes and squeezing legs together (like a dancer at the balley bar) while making coffee (haha, thats what I do) Any chance you get to throw in a lunge, a squat, a jump a skip--make it fun! You'll continue to keep losing, I have faith in you!
  • myboysmomx2
    myboysmomx2 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Your weight loss is very good. If you want to really see the results in your body, measure your neck, shoulders, chest, waist, biceps, forearm, quads and lower leg. You will be able to see the inches come off faster than the pounds, and after all, isn't that the most important measurement?

I know you want the weight to come off fast, but it is a slow process. Just hang in there! I agree with the above quote. My initial weight loss has been slower when compared to some others here on MFP. However, we must remember that we can't compare ourselves to other people. You should probably work in exercise 3-5 days per week if you want to lose more and definitely measure yourself. When the scale isn't budging, your measurements most likely are. That has been the case for me. Yesterday I fit into a smaller size pant and boy did that make me happy! When you see little to no results on the scale, those lower measurements and smaller sizes will keep you going! I'm working out six days a week and just started weight training the middle of last month. I need to drink even more water, but I'm sticking with it despite not losing a full two pounds a week. Just keep working on it and you'll get there, but NEVER, EVER quit! This is a lifestyle change, not just a temporary one :-)