New today

Options
Hello all.

This is my first time on Fitness Pal. I'm liking what I've seen so far. I was a WW user but man can afford that! Hoping that I will be getting my new smartphone soon...so I can use this tool all the time!

I have a goal of 40lbs I want to lose my New Years.

I love to snack...and I have a HUGE sweet tooth.
I started this morning off...emptying all my drawers of the candies etc.

Thanks for listening and hoping you all have lots of advice to give!

Replies

• unhinge
    unhinge Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Monday is a great day to start :) Feel free to friend me.
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! I too was a WW few years ago, and yes its expensive. I've been using MFP since March 12th. I love it so far. I have noticed that MFP over exaggerates calories burned(at least for me). Other then that, I think MFP is a very positive and supportive place to be. Add me as a friend if you like!
  • jeyer79
    jeyer79 Posts: 18
    Options
    welcome, there is great support here at myfitnesspal. feel free to friend me you want. Good Luck:)
  • loseatonlady
    Options
    Welcome to the group! I'm a former WW member and MFP convert! Don't hesitate to use this awesome tool for help, support and encouragement when you need it! Don't forget to share your victories too! You're off to a great start lady!
  • EricInArlington
    EricInArlington Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    welcome to MFP and good luck on you weight loss journey, for the sweet tooth try some coco almonds or some almond chocolate milk that what I do, or fruit salad
  • ksv123
    ksv123 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I also have a sweet tooth and have found that if I don't deprive myself completely then I can control it! For awhile, I went with fruits but the sugar content, even though it is natural, was so high that I now try to limit myself to one piece a day and try to load up on vegetables. Feel free to friend me for support...