Any tips for belly fat?

Options
I really need tips for losing belly fat. Honestly I care about my weight but I want my body to look good whatever weight I am at when that happens is fine for me! I want to focus on my belly of course so does any one have any suggestions? I havethe ab circle pro but i am afrai di do not use it in the correct way so its not really helping me. Post here any tip that you may have. Tnanks in Advance! :)

Replies

• alana1966
    alana1966 Posts: 34
    Options
    In order to lose "belly fat", a person needs to lose overall body fat - you can't just take fat off of one part of your body. It's simple - calories in vs. calories out, and calories burned. (sounds simple, at least).... :)
  • snowflakelaia
    Options
    Eat well.

Not processed foods, not useless calories...
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    No deit and no exercise will target one area of the body. Losing weight is an overall process, now obviously if you dont have much to lose any where else you will start to notice it from your belly quickly but the key is to reduce calories and exercise....there is no other way.
  • Peep_chic
    Peep_chic Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    exercise isn't the only thing to do. Eat right. Not just the right amount of calories but the healthiest ones. Vegetables, lean meats, fruit, complex carbs. Eating right helps you change your body composition. To me is not only about weight its about what I put in. Reach for peanuts instead of animal crackers and such. The ocasional indulgment is ok but if you focus on eating right most days you can see the results of your exercise.
  • stephbraden74
    stephbraden74 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    The best way to get rid of ANY fat, including belly fat is cardio....doing a ton of ab moves wont get you anywhere. Yes you may be strengthening those muscles, but you will still have the fat on top. Cardio will burn the fat, no matter what kind of cardio you chose. Running, an aerobic video etc. My advice...cardio cardio cardio!!!!!!!!!!!
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    Pretty much ab exercises won't do anything for you in the way of losing belly fat / getting abs. The parts of your body you need to work are your large muscle groups, mainly your legs, but your arms can help as well. I think that a little ab workout can help with minimizing the appearance of belly fat, but that's just my personal guess, but of course this can only help so much.
  • sam23030
    sam23030 Posts: 76
    Options
    I read somewhere on here that lowering your sugar intake helps especially with the stomach, but that kind of goes hand in hand with what everyone is saying about choosing healthy calories. (something I'm still working on!)
  • Martha_VH
    Martha_VH Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I agree with most people here.
    Although I will say that although there is no college that has done a study about it... UNsaturated fats like those found in nuts, avocado, olives peanut butter, olive, and other natural oils might help decrease belly fat.

Reducing sodium and alcohol help too.
  • QUETA2212
    QUETA2212 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I already eat right and i am excercising ...anything I can do to target belly fat though? I have started to incorporate some core exercises to my routine but I just do stuff without knowing what I am really doing.
  • QUETA2212
    Options
    So basically just keep doing what I am doing?
  • Peep_chic
    Peep_chic Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Definetly agree with cardio often and major muscle groups like legs. Core is also very good to keep doing. Keep it up and you'll see results.
  • BaronessBlixen
    BaronessBlixen Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone on here -- watching what you're eating is the best place to start. However, I've had a lot of luck with adding squats into my routine every day. I try to do at least 50. Stand right in front of a chair, then gently lower yourself as if you're sitting down, and extend your arms in front of you as you're doing so. Hold your tummy tight. Stand back up again. I've noticed a little more definition after doing these regularly.
  • hroush
    Options
    I already eat right and i am excercising ...anything I can do to target belly fat though? I have started to incorporate some core exercises to my routine but I just do stuff without knowing what I am really doing.

I don't mean to sound mean, but did you read any of the posts? Essentially ab workouts are a waste of time. Very little benefit comes from them. If you are just starting out and have a lot of weight to lose, cardio is your friend with some strength training. If you only have about 10 lbs to lose, then you must focus on strength training. However, in the end, getting 6 pack abs comes only from diet.

So yes, continue to eat right and exercise the right muscles and your belly fat will disappear.
  • Mayor_West
    Mayor_West Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I already eat right and i am excercising ...

Open up your diary so we can see.
    anything I can do to target belly fat though?

No.
  • BflSaberfan
    Options
    So basically just keep doing what I am doing?

yes. Everyone has abs, under the fat. You have to shed the fat. You cannot target 1 area of your body to lose fat - with the exception of surgery.
  • QUETA2212
    Options
    Okay I see alot of useful information. I will do alot more cardio. Anything else I should do

I am going to let you guys know my routine

Workout 30 mins Mon wed and friday - sometimes ill ad an extra workout during the week lol
    No more than 1200 calories a day no more than 40 grams of fat and no more than 165 g of carbs
    I ususally have a protein shake for breakfast a plum a turkey sandwich for lunch carrots with ranch usually I have a salad for dinner with chicken or turkey and 1/4 of a grapefruit and 75 oz of water a day ---and this is starting to bore me I need some other food to eat
  • QUETA2212
    Options
    I feel like I am working aimlessly
  • hroush
    Options
    Okay I see alot of useful information. I will do alot more cardio. Anything else I should do

I am going to let you guys know my routine

Workout 30 mins Mon wed and friday - sometimes ill ad an extra workout during the week lol
    No more than 1200 calories a day no more than 40 grams of fat and no more than 165 g of carbs
    I ususally have a protein shake for breakfast a plum a turkey sandwich for lunch carrots with ranch usually I have a salad for dinner with chicken or turkey and 1/4 of a grapefruit and 75 oz of water a day ---and this is starting to bore me I need some other food to eat

Are you eating back your calories? How many calories are you burning? What are your workouts?

If you are eating that every day I can see how you'd become bored with it. Check out the recipe threads for some ideas.
  • BflSaberfan
    Options
    I would do 60mins MWF.....up your calories to about 1400
  • QUETA2212
    Options
    I eat like a bird so I have a hard time reaching my caloric goal during the day