Pizza? Really?

Options

Replies

• cawood2
    cawood2 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I have done a pita pizza (after reading about it on this site!)... spread a bit of pizza sauce on a pita, some turkey pepperoni, mushrooms, other veggies for toppings, some low fat mozza shredded, a bit of oregano sprinkled on top, and toss it in the toaster oven til it melts. You get most of the flavours of pizza, but without the thick crust, and you can control the cheese. Can work out to under 200 cal, depending on what you put on it, and how much cheese. And it's super fast! Cheers and hang in there!
  • tinovr
    tinovr Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    ask him to bring home a nice simple garden salad for you... .. have 1 or 2 slices of pizza at 200-250 cal each and load up on salad with fat free dressing, or even lower cal Balsamic Vinegar.. A 500-600 cal meal is not too bad for someone on a 1500-2000 cal diet.
  • eresin
    eresin Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    if he isn't supportive of you and your journey, get a new boyfriend who is...as drastic as it sounds.

Perhaps you should tell him how serious you are about it and how you need his support to help you rather than hinder you.
  • mdickhaut
    mdickhaut Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    My first thought is.... Why can't you eat it? Unless you're someone who can't limit themselves to one or two slices, I personally believe that denying yourself is pointless and ends up backfiring. If you make room for it in your daily intake (keep other sodium and carbs down, do some exercise for extra cals, etc), there's no reason not to have some, IMO.

I agree. If you try to deny yourself, it may cause you too go crazy later.
  • hooma
    hooma Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    THAT'S annoying. Saturday afternoon, my boyfriend ate an entire DiGiorno pepperoni, stuffed crust pizza in front of me. He is in great shape and it kills me that he can afford to eat that way!

I feel you!
  • bikerbiz
    bikerbiz Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I agree....just plan for it. Get half of it with just veggie toppings, or something, and put some slices in the freezer. I get a mediterranean pizza, occasionally (white pizza with spinach, feta, etc), and fill up on plain salad and water, before I get it. I put slices in the fridge, then freeze, right away, for another craving day.

Oh....and get some carb blockers. :happy:
  • kelseywoodring
    Options
    I don't know if they have Papa Murphy's Pizza in your town, but if so that would be a safe way for you to have pizza. They have a chicken and garlic delite pizza that we eat as a family. We get the family size it has 16 slices and you can have two of them for for 350 calories. I eat two slices then have a small spinach salad with it very feeling and you can enjoy your pizza at the same time!
  • angebean
    angebean Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Someone once posted a pizza recipe with a crust made from cauliflower (yes cauliflower) and it got rave reviews and a whole pizza had a fraction of the calories or the equivalent to one regular pizza slice.
  • Chuckw40
    Chuckw40 Posts: 201
    Options
    I may be bad but Sunday night is pizza night at my house, but now I limit myslef to 2 slices instead of the 4 I used to eat. I log it all in and make sure it fits into my goals for the day. I know that there is no way I will go the rest of my life without pizza...
  • strapple
    strapple Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    if you want pizza and dont have time to make your own (i have a delicious recipe in my blog) try dominos

they have a thin crust white sauce pizza !

i order it without cheese and pile on veggies! spinach, tomato, onion, peppers, artichoke hearts...theyve got it all!

mmmmm
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    If you have the ingredients make pizza toast, lightly toast a slice of bread, spread half a tablespoon tomato puree, a sprinkle of Italian seasoning and garlic a few slices of finely sliced tomato, mushroom and onion, a slice of ham cut into thin slivers and a sprinkle of cheese. (whatever you fancy on it basically) Either pop under the grill to heat thru and melt the cheese or pop into a preheated oven to crisp up and until the cheese has melted. The calories depend on the ingredients you choose but will come in at a fraction of the calories of any pizza you can buy but should satisfy the taste craving...after that I would also announce that the fella provides his own food from now on unless he can be supportive
  • samantharae121205
    Options
    make mini pizza's with english muffins. :):)
  • KendraElmendorf
    KendraElmendorf Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Oh he's just poking fun... It's not that bad. :blushing: He goes to the gym with me to workout. I think it's just his way of denying that we need to workout because we "aren't fat" :devil: ... it's not any reason for me to break up with him or anything. I'm trying to push us to be healthier and he's resisting a bit... But thank you for all of the ideas guys! I will definitely have to use a few of them :bigsmile:
  • KendraElmendorf
    KendraElmendorf Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    if you want pizza and dont have time to make your own (i have a delicious recipe in my blog) try dominos

they have a thin crust white sauce pizza !

i order it without cheese and pile on veggies! spinach, tomato, onion, peppers, artichoke hearts...theyve got it all!

mmmmm

I saw that! looks really good
  • diverchic73
    diverchic73 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I'd have one or two pieces ensuring that I had the cals, etc, available in my food diary. If not, I'd still have one piece and exercise harder the next day to compensate if it's too late to exercise that day.

I find it much easier to limit myself to 1-2 pieces (which I NEVER thought I'd be able to do!) than to deny myself altogether. I can even order pizza in on my own as a treat and still stick to 1-2 pieces... I view it as I get to enjoy it over more days by having less in one go! And the extra exercise is good too :-)

If he doesn't start being more supportive or continues to find it funny to tease you that way... when he comes home with pizza, you change into a super sexy outfit (or his fave lingerie) and sit there while he's eating it... and he's not allowed to touch ALL NIGHT! I'm sure he'd get the message :tongue:

Edit: just saw your message about it being 'fun'... lol
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I'm another one that would have it. But just limit to 1 slice and have a salad.
  • HoLLyZ82
    HoLLyZ82 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    dominos 14" thin crust cheese and veggie pizza is 160 calories/ slice. just dont eat the whole thing ;)
  • chrisyoung0422
    chrisyoung0422 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I told my husband on Thursday... "If you bring Little Ceasars into this house I will kick you in the head and throw the pizza into the front yard". It seemed to deter him from that particular choice.

HAHA yeah I am sure getting kicked in the head is not worth a lil pie! love it!
  • awelch79
    awelch79 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I make homemade pizza using the rolls of dough you can buy in the refrigerated section, using part skim mozzeralla (really one cup is plenty), barbeque sauce, chicken, red onion, mushroom, and green pepper that is only around 200 cals a slice and DELISH! I make it on a medium cookie sheet and cut it into 6 HUGE pieces and thats where the 200 comes from. You can cut them smaller for less calories. In fact, when I made it last week, I put in 2 pieces for my dinner serving when I was planning out my meals for the day and had to go back and change it because I couldnt eat it. I always have it with a HUGE salad to help fill me up.

You can also make it "deep dish" and cook it in a brownie pan (pinching the dough up the sides). I have also used ground turkey and chunky marinara with every veggie I could think of that was appropriate for pizza with 1 cup mozz. and its good, too...still just over 200 calories for the same size portion as the chicken pizza.

I would suggest using the "Recipe" tool in the food journal area to mix and match what works best for you calorie-wise! I live by that tool bar!
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Just eat the pizza and if you have to exercise a little more do it.Its not really that big of a deal.