What is taken into account for......

Options
When MFP calculates the amount of calories you should eat in a day, does it take into acct the calories burned just sitting around.

For example: I have a desk job, so I decided to wear my HRM to see just about how many calories I'm burning during the day. But I shouldn't be entering these into my diary... RIGHT??

Please let me know if you do! Thanks

Replies

• BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Yes it does take that into account. When you set up your account it based it off your activity level and how much you said you wanted to lose...plus age etc. It gives you a deficit based on that information. So to answer your question you do not input your everyday routine calories burned. Only exercise calories burned. HRM aren't made to wear all day long. You would need to purchase a bodymedia or bodybugg for that.
  • KayLeigh6710
    Options
    Thanks so much for getting back... this is what I figured but you never know right!!
  • chrisyoung0422
    chrisyoung0422 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Yep MFP takes that into acct...
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    When MFP calculates the amount of calories you should eat in a day, does it take into acct the calories burned just sitting around.

For example: I have a desk job, so I decided to wear my HRM to see just about how many calories I'm burning during the day. But I shouldn't be entering these into my diary... RIGHT??

Please let me know if you do! Thanks

FYI: 90% of HRM's are not designed to give you calories burned while at rest. They are only accurate when your HR is elevated. If you want to know what you burn at rest you need something like a Body Bug.