okay so if you've had/have your bellybutton pierced.....

dixiejeep
dixiejeep Posts: 95 Member
edited September 26 in Motivation and Support
Okay i promised myself when i lost 30 pounds, i would get it pierced and as of two days ago i lost 29.9 ...
so im going to get it done thursday...
so tell me, whats it feel like? im such a baby haha
i have two tattoos, and the only piercings i have are 3 in my ears and my cartilage....
be honest people, please!

Replies

• missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    i didnt feel a thing was over and done in seconds
  • bbb84
    bbb84 Posts: 418 Member
    Honestly I had mine done when I was 16 and I didn't feel anything more than a pinch from the clamp, it didn't hurt at all... Getting my second hole in my ear hurt more than my BB.
  • awelch79
    awelch79 Posts: 233 Member
    Ditto-no big deal! A little pinch and its over!
  • They are right. Cartilidge piercing hurts more. Have fun!
  • shellbell1993
    shellbell1993 Posts: 315 Member
    If it's done right it a pinch that is all. Getting tats/cartilidge are much more painful. You will do fine :)
  • heather7marie
    heather7marie Posts: 506 Member
    I have 14 piercings (7 of which I did myself) and the navel seriously hurt the least. Actually, it didn't hurt at all. The only slightly uncomfortable part is when/ if they use the clamps. Just make sure you don't get up too fast after getting pierced. My friend passed out because she got up really fast. Listen to your body. If you feel light headed, which is common with piercings, don't get up for a few.
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    I guess I'm the odd one out here, but it hurt like a *kitten*! I curled my foot so hard (trying not to scream) that i got a huge cramp and couldn't walk for a few minutes.

Once they're done doing the actual piercing, it is nowhere near as bad unless you bump it.
  • It's not bad at all. I have an industrial that hurt more, but Just my input... Dont do it. I've had a lot of piercings (a lot) and I regret my belly button! It never closes completely when you take it out and it looks yucky after a few years. But my experience! My dr said to get the look of it to go away he will have to make a new incision and stitch it so it reheals the right way. My college roomates had to get that done too.

Buuut they're cute when their in!
  • AngelsKisses75
    AngelsKisses75 Posts: 595 Member
    I said the same thing! I want to get mine done, but not until I am happy with the way my tummy looks. LOL! Don't be too nervous! It will be over before ya know it! :flowerforyou:
  • ElanorC
    ElanorC Posts: 5 Member
    I had mine done years ago, a few weeks after I started a new job. Wasn't TOOO painful at the time, but I couldn't really sit down normally for about a week. Had to lower myself down so as not to bend in the middle.... Great impression at work :laugh:
  • bstiver
    bstiver Posts: 57 Member
    It was the least painful of anything i've done. I got it first, then my nose, cartledge (not with a piercing gun, but needles) and two tattoos. It feels more like a pinch then is sore for a few days.
  • dixiejeep
    dixiejeep Posts: 95 Member
    thank you all :) im terrified haha because i either talk to someone who is like NO IT DOESNT HURT AT ALL
    and the next person i talk to they are like OMG ITS THE WORST PAIN IN THE WORLD....
    i guess im pretty good with pain, and im gonna go through with it reguardless, sooooooooooooo..
    fdasjkfsdkhfashdasdf. :)
  • thank you all :) im terrified haha because i either talk to someone who is like NO IT DOESNT HURT AT ALL
    and the next person i talk to they are like OMG ITS THE WORST PAIN IN THE WORLD....
    i guess im pretty good with pain, and im gonna go through with it reguardless, sooooooooooooo..
    fdasjkfsdkhfashdasdf. :)

Even if you end up being one of those where it hurts, its temporary :) Post pics!!! Good Luck!!
  • stephanielynn76
    stephanielynn76 Posts: 709 Member
    I had mine done almost 15 years ago. Yes. It hurt. I have a high pain tolerance too. I got a tattoo the same day and that didn't hurt nearly as much. What sucked for me is that my belly ring never healed. It kept getting infected no matter how well I babied it. It's like my body saw it as a foreign object and was trying to reject it. Come to think of it the same thing happened to me as a kid when I got my ears pierced. My ears took a LONG time to heal. After a whole year of dealing with the navel ring I took it out and let it heal up. I now have a scar there.
  • I had mine done almost 15 years ago. Yes. It hurt. I have a high pain tolerance too. I got a tattoo the same day and that didn't hurt nearly as much. What sucked for me is that my belly ring never healed. It kept getting infected no matter how well I babied it. It's like my body saw it as a foreign object and was trying to reject it. Come to think of it the same thing happened to me as a kid when I got my ears pierced. My ears took a LONG time to heal. After a whole year of dealing with the navel ring I took it out and let it heal up. I now have a scar there.

I got the back of my neck pierced once and my body rejected it and pushed it out, its a nasty scar! lesson learned ha
  • ExerciseGeek
    ExerciseGeek Posts: 183 Member
    Ive got boh my top and my bottom pierced. The top didnt hurt one bit and I was 14 at the time!! The bottom hurt a little bit, but it was bearable. It takes about 6 weeks to propperly heal, but worth the wait, I love mine!! I think they look gorgous...
    :):)
  • kim_mc
    kim_mc Posts: 321 Member
    Mine never wanted to heal either. Had it done 2 seperate times and now after having 3 kids I have a nasty scar there. The hole where it used to be almost seems just like loose skin hanging there and I would never do it again. Wish I had never had it done!
  • Mine never wanted to heal either. Had it done 2 seperate times and now after having 3 kids I have a nasty scar there. The hole where it used to be almost seems just like loose skin hanging there and I would never do it again. Wish I had never had it done!

same its the one piercing i regret! should have listened to my parents ha
  • jackiemarie
    jackiemarie Posts: 111
    I got mine done at 16 and ceremoniously took it out on my 24 bday because I felt I was "too old" but I miss it so much I was being impulsive I want it backkkkkkk!!!!! It's a quick pinch and it's over I never had any issues with it regarding infection or anything else!!!!!
  • heather7marie
    heather7marie Posts: 506 Member
    I have a scar from mine as well, but you can't really see it. It's hidden between all of my fat rolls. :laugh: :laugh:
This discussion has been closed.