What's for lunch?

Options
As I sit here on my lunch break munching on cottage cheese and steamed asparagus and surfing MFP for inspiration I wonder... What are you having for lunch?

Happy Monday!

Replies

• allison7922
    allison7922 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    taco salad :love: (no shell)
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I'm supposed to be going for lunch with a friend. It's her turn to pick and pay so I have no idea where we're going.
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I might not be inspirational today but I'll tell you what I'm having any way.

Whole wheat bagel with turkey and reduced fat american cheese (warmed up)
    raw carrots and raw bell pepper

planning something better for tomorrow...
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    lettuce, tomato, onion, green pepper, and honey mustard and a whole wheat wrap - probably with pineapple or watermelon or an orange for dessert. :)
  • Barbelizah
    Barbelizah Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Strawberry and Banana Greek Yogurt :)
  • skinnyjeans13
    Options
    Turkey meatballs, broccoli and spiced hummus lentil crisps... meh... not amazing but not horrible!
  • fabulousfebe
    Options
    Pastrami Sandwhich on Wheat, Miracle Whip, Lettuce, and Sea Salt Kettle Chips (6 pcs.)
  • 2011_4mygirls
    2011_4mygirls Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    grilled ham and cheese on whole wheat bread (sprayed with parkay fat free butter)
    sunchips - french onion, 1 serving
    canteloupe and strawberries
  • sarcastje
    sarcastje Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    michelina's lean gourmet : creamy rigatoni with broccoli and chicken. (270 calories)
  • KendraElmendorf
    KendraElmendorf Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    2 rice cakes, a babybel cheese on apple slices, and half of a nature's valley oats n honey bar
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Leftover homemade chicken cacciatore, recipe from Prevention Magazine's Flat Belly Diet Family Cookbook. My family LOVED it last night...so easy and under 400 calories :)
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,411 Member
    Options
    Yummy salad with artichoke hearts, hearts of palm and other stuff; ham sandwich on a deli flat with laughing cow cheese and romaine hearts. Total calories will be 414.
  • map1972
    map1972 Posts: 13
    Options
    Homemade chicken chili, small apple, Dole 100% Orange Pineapple Banana juice box, handful of grapes. 426 calories...of course, being a guy means that I can eat a little more... ;-p
  • BeLightYear
    BeLightYear Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    Leftover homemade meatloaf, cauliflower, green beans, carrots, wheat penne and olivio:flowerforyou:
  • blaiwa
    blaiwa Posts: 6
    Options
    Tuna salad (Tuna, lettuce, corn, tomato, lemon and green pepper) :D Yayyy.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    It is already warm here, so salad!

About 1.5 cups baby field greens
    some cut up cauliflower and red pepper
    4 olives
    1 oz. feta cheese
    (the above is my default salad base)
    today, I have about 3oz. leftover salmon as the protein; tomorrow it will be hard boiled eggs.

No dressing - the olives, cheese and salmon add enough flavor and healthy fats.

My partner can eat this salad everyday, usually with turkey lunch meat.
  • michellemariescott
    michellemariescott Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    lean turkey burger with romaine lettuce leaves as the "bun" and sweet potatoe fries
  • strapple
    strapple Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    its only 9am here but im thinking sushi sounds good for later

probably salmon nigiri and cucumber rolls
  • fmktjod
    fmktjod Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    taco salad :love: (no shell)

First - thanks for the topic, I too am looking for some lunch time inspiration. Last week I had reduced sodium turkey with low fat swiss all week which worked great for my nutritional anc calloric needs but I'm board with it now.

Taco salad! Thanks for the reminder of this tasty lunch dish - I'm now going to make taco salad this week with ground turkey, tomatoes, black beans, corn, reduced fat cheese and a lime vinegrette (no chips). Great inspiriation.

I also made some great baked beans with no added fat and love lentil salad with French green lentils. I'm usually pretty creative with my lunches. I cook a lot and enjoy it. Marinated beet salad, vegetable soups with homemade low fat and low sodium chicken broth, wild rice or barley. If I could find a low sodium ham, I love ham, swiss and arugula in 1/2 a pita with lowfat mayo and dijon.

Can't wait to hear the other creative ideas.
  • kehowe83
    kehowe83 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    an entire 4 serving bag of birds eye steamed cauliflower with garlic seasonings. Mash 'em up, add two laughing cow cheese wedges and some I cant believe it's not butter butter spray and you have a massive bowl of 250 delicious calories :wink: