zumba wii

Options
Hi all i want to add exercise for zumba which is on the wii but cannot find it anywhere. Does anyone know how many calories an hour this burns off or if anyone knows how to enter this on my exercise log it would be of help.
Thank you

Replies

• Victorian131
    Options
    If I were you I would class it as dancing, when I go to zumba/salsa fitness classes thats what I do. I'm looking into buying this for the wii though, maybe next pay day! Hope this helps.
  • talysshade
    talysshade Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I usually use calisthetics.. i think.. or calistentics.. for my wii exercises, since i do wii fit very often. Wii fit tells me how many calories i've burned, though, but i think if you pick calistetics moderate/heavy you got a good estimate for zumba.
  • dcrabill10
    Options
    I was able to find this on a website:

Calories
    Zumba workouts can vary in intensity, and calorie burn depends on an individual's weight, fitness level and muscle composition. During an hour long session you can burn anywhere from 500 to 800 calories. On average, a 150-lb. person can expect to burn 536 calories during an hour of Zumba.

Read more: How Many Calories Do You Burn During One Hour of Zumba? | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/about_5368632_many-during-one-hour-zumba_.html#ixzz1JtPCbjSM

You are able to create workouts in you MFP just as you can food information.
  • cb1slider
    Options
    :smile:
    Hi Karamac

I have been using the wii fit (advanced or high intensity) and just logging my minutes but would love to know whether that is accurate or not!

N
  • Roll_Tide_Meg
    Roll_Tide_Meg Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    You should buy yourself a good heart rate monitor to find out how many calories you burn from it. I do Zumba wii and I burn about 900/45 min but that's me...it's likely different for you and everyone else.
  • bhawk82
    bhawk82 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    How many Calories does Wii Zumba Burn?

Wii Zumba Fitness burns roughly 200-250 calories in 30 minutes. That’s 400-500 calories burned playing the wii dance game in an hour. That’s roughly 25% higher than most people burn spending an hour on an elliptical machine!

See link:
    http://www.fitnessblender.com/v/article-detail/How-many-Calories-does-Wii-Zumba-Burn-Wii-Zumba-Calories-Burned/67/
  • distant_dreamer
    Options
    i listed it as dance-aerobics ! just bought zumba on wii, had a quick try out, off to zumba class tonite, the wii game will be good for when i cant get to class!
  • karamac
    karamac Posts: 26
    Options
    Thank you everyone you have all been a great help
  • Jazima
    Jazima Posts: 1
    Options
    karamac- thx for posting...I've had my question answered. And thx to everyone else that replied! Good luck with your goals!