Has anyone received any negativity about their weight lose?

Options

Replies

• GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your POSITIVE comments. This is why people on this site are achieving goals, because of all the wonderful support we give each other. Congrats to all of you on your accomplishments, also. I'm glad we have each other to cheerlead our success.

That's what we're here for!
  • spirited_angel
    Options
    I have had a lot of ppl esp family (not my husband or kids but sisters and mother in-law) say i have lost too much ect!!I realised it was just shear jealousy!!I was gym memeber of the season i have had a make over on angela and freinds ect and not once have they congratulated me!!I get them sayinmg your doing too much you look old you look drawn!!To hell with them hun,if ppl cant be positive to you and say how well ya doing then ya dont need them!!Its just jealousy!
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    Jealousy is such a ***** isn't she?
  • Melisha82
    Melisha82 Posts: 243
    Options
    Oh yes, I get the negative comments... For example I had already eaten breakfast one morning and I went over to someone's house .. they had all kinds of fattening things for breakfast and they kept asking if I wanted anything and I was like "no thank you, I already ate before I came over" and they kept on saying "you don't have to starve yourself you know, you CAN eat something" just little smirky comments like that!
  • dwellsouth
    dwellsouth Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    That's just jealousy and insecurity showing through. Some people, having never developed intellectually or emotionally, choose to express themselves in that way and they are the same type of people that have to put someone else down in order to raise themselves up.

Don't take it as a sign that you should lower your standards; take it as a sign that you are doing the right thing, and raise the bar even more.

TOTALLY AGREE!
    You're awesome and some people just can't handle that well!!! Keep up the good work!
  • crusinforlosin
    Options
    The only negative comment came from my grandpa.
    The conversation went as such
    me :"Hey pawpaw! I've lost about 4 pounds"
    him: "Whats the point of losing it, if your going to put it back on anyway"
    me: "-.-"
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I just dont care what people say.
  • aarostoc
    aarostoc Posts: 22
    Options
    I agree with other posts, they are just jealous that you have succeeded, and you should be proud of it. When people ask me if I'm losing weight, I don't tell them, "I'm trying to lose weight..."

I tell them, "Why yes, I'm succeeding at losing weight"
  • kilo_2006
    kilo_2006 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Definatly! I get this all the time! Its like when you are heavy they don't say anything but the minute you loose weight it becomes a free for all to tease you. If I hear "if you turn sideways we are gonna loose you" one more time I am gonna smack someone!
  • DoReMiFaSoLaTiDo
    Options
    Just wait til you wear all of those cute summer outfits or better yet, wait til you go to the beach without fear of being harpooned....

The HATERS will really come out...
  • kilo_2006
    kilo_2006 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    ^^ Haha great comment! Totally agree!

If figure we have all worked hard to get to our target weight and some of us are still working hard, so regardless of the haters, flant it if you got it!!!!!
  • emiliabeth
    Options
    One of the things that upsets me more is the people who started being NICE to me only after I lost weight.

Now that I'm a little skinnier, it's like they think I'm a better person, too (this is down from my heaviest weight which is about 50 pounds up from where I am now).

Those people can take a long walk off a short cliff... my brain is the same no matter what I look like.
  • up2me2lose20
    up2me2lose20 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    mostly I get a lot of great support. My husband is my biggest cheer-leader. :) My kids think it's great. My sister is proud. Some of my clients have remarked that I look great. My mom, on the other hand, is worried I won't stop losing, which I understand because eating disorders have wreaked havoc on our family in the past. But truly, I just want to be healthy. As I lean out now I will probably look smaller, but I don't think I should really lose much more. I just love the high I get from exercising and I do not want to stop!
  • JenBrown0210
    JenBrown0210 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    One of my friends had asked me to show her my before and after picture on facebook. she is losing weight too and wanted to see how I had done so far. Everyone knows I am losing weight. I post about it sometimes. So I put up my before and after picture and of coarse there were nice comments from my family. But this morning my aunt had posted " I have lost 25 pounds and reached my goal weight, just saying" I commented saying good job and everything. But I got the feeling that she was mad that I posted my before and after pictures. So I say take everything with a grain of salt. Keep up your hard work.
  • GregCrowder
    GregCrowder Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    It never ceases to amaze me how some people need to make negative comments about others to feel good about themselves. You deserve to be very proud of your accomplishments and congratulations on your success.
  • lizalmp1234
    lizalmp1234 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    WELL SAID!
    Starting at 225, I reached my goal of 180 a month or so ago. I have now dropped a few pounds below that. I am starting to get comments like, "great job on the weight loss, but enough already." Several people now think if I lose more weight I will be too skinny.

So, I think people are always going to have an opinion and I think you have to do your best not to let it bother you. At the end of the day, the person who needs to be content with your body is you.

Best of luck!!!

--Carter
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    When I lose weight it shows in my face first - I look very skinny in my face but my butt is still big. :laugh: So, yeah, I've had people say, "You're getting so skinny". I haven't even lost very much weight!!

I'm saddened by some of the comments people have received, but I agree that it is jealousy.

Enjoy those skinny pants!! You worked hard for them. :wink:

I am with you in this one. I also loose weight in my face first but not in my hips. When people tells me that I am getting too skinny, and tell them that they are looking at the "wrong end" of my body. I turn around and show them my "other fat side" and shut them off.
  • tdjones00
    tdjones00 Posts: 68
    Options
    I must say to let it go and they must be jealous that they can't accomplish what you have.
  • Nlongenecker
    Options
    I haven't lost much recently, but a few years ago I lost about 40 lbs. Some in my family told me they were worried because i was too skinny and lost too much weight (I got down to 139 and I am 5'5"). Then I was shopping with a friend and I bought a size 6 pants (she wore a size 8), she said to me, "I can't believe YOU are wearing a smaller size than ME." Like she always expected me to be fat!
  • oStephhanie
    oStephhanie Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Anyone who would refer to someone at 160 pounds as "my fat sister" should be slapped upside the head. =)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!