I need a dinner recipe or suggestion for tonight.

Options
perrytyra
perrytyra Posts: 357 Member
My fridge is packed, I need to clean it out and try to keep it so it is not so full. So I am trying to figure out what to make for dinner. I am also planning on doing some baking also, to clean out all those leftover baking supplies that I haven't used in a while. Don't worry, nothing is outdated.

So this is what i have in the fridge: Lot's of different kinds of cheese, shredded, sliced, cream. Bell pepper, Tons of condiments, but no good mayo. Pepperoni. Real butter.

I have hamburger in the freezer that I can defrost if I need to. And frozen veggies.

In my baking supplies I have chocolate chips, and other flavors, baking chocolate, cake flour, whole wheat flour, all kinds of nuts, one white cake mix, all kinds of baking sugars(no fake stuff) sweetened condensed milk, oatmeal, flaxseed.

Right now I am making almond joys, but don't worry, I am not eating them, making them for my girls.

Replies

• CraftyGirl4
    CraftyGirl4 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    All those ingredients sound like stuffed peppers waiting to happen!
  • BrianJLamb
    BrianJLamb Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    From the fridge...eat the pepper. Throw everything else away.

From the baking supplies...eat the flax, oatmeal, and nuts. Throw everything else away.

Problem solved.
  • StefBeeney
    Options
    I do this with chicken, but i would guess you could do it with beef too... throw the meet in the deep skillet with a little EVOO and cook... add veggies (I ues Bell pepper, tomato's, that kind of stuff)... some itiallian seasoning if you like, maybe some seasoned salt, a little fresh ground pepper... ... serve with rice or noodles or something like that... (it never taste the same, but it's always good)
  • adristory
    adristory Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I was just reading a magazine that suggested www.supercook.com. I have never logged into it but jotted it down as it seemed useful; you supposedly enter the ingredients you want to use/have and a whole buunch of ideas come up.

Good luck!
  • mini_girl7
    mini_girl7 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I say make homemade Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookies -- they are the BEST! They are so tasty out of the oven -- then I bag them all up and put them in the freezer and they are AWESOME frozen -- yummy! :wink:
  • inskydiamonds
    inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    As someone mentioned above, supercook.com is beyond awesome. It gives you so many recipes based on the ingredients you have on hand.

With that being said, I agree with the contention to make stuffed peppers of some sort. I disagree with the comment about throwing everything away. That's just super wasteful.
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options

This is exactly what I was thinking!
  • ReneeOfTheFae
    Options
    I agree; totally feeling the stuffed peppers!
    Also, instead of baking away your baked goods, if you think you will be too tempted to keep them for little treats, why not give them to a friend that will use them?
    One more thing, if you have black tea in the house, take that sweetened, condensed milk and do yourself a favor: make Thai iced teas! Mmm...Now I wish I had sweetened, condensed milk in the house. :P

Happy (Healthy) eating! *^_^*
  • perrytyra
    Options
    Throw it away?! It's not like I said Cheetos, Fritos and Hohos.

I forgot about supercook. I will try it out. Sometimes the are not exactly accurate though. I get to the website and the recipes call for something different than stated.

Sadly, I only have one bell pepper.
  • perrytyra
    Options
    I have decided to make mexican lasagna with noodles instead of tortillas.

Hopefully I have time to make some pear bread later.
  • Tragfan
    Tragfan Posts: 8 Member
    Options

Agreed!!!
  • craftylatvian
    craftylatvian Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    You can input your ingredients into Group Recipes and it will give you recipes using what you have. Some may not be the healthiest, but at least it will give you ideas.
  • elyssiam
    elyssiam Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I was going to suggest a cheese/red bell pepper quiche (or a fritatta) but the lasagna sounds great!!
  • perrytyra
    Options
    The lasagna was awesome! I am glad I made a small one. Here is the approximate recipe I used. Making your own enchilada sauce is probably a good idea. Not sure why I bought it, since I usually steer clear of msg.

Brown lean ground beef with onion. Add 1 can enchilada sauce and two small cans of tomato sauce. Add garlic powder. Layer some sauce on the bottom of an 8x8 pan. Break the lasagna noodles in half so they fit the pan, and put one layer down. Spread part of a mixture of egg, ricotta(or cottage cheese) and some cheddar or mexican blend cheese on the noodles. Then spread some refried beans(I used Meijers organic refried black beans) pour on some more of the meat sauce. Repeat layers until their is no more room ending with a layer of noodles, and then sauce enough to cover the noodles. Did I mention I didn't cook the noodles? Then sprinkle with more cheese. Cover with aluminum foil sprayed with nonstick spray. Cook at 375 for 30 minutes. Uncover and cook 15 minutes more.

There was some sauce left over because I made a small one. I might use in some soup tomorrow.