Bad day :(

Options
Found out I've missed the deadline on the coupon I bought for our wedding photo book by 2 days (so £25 down the drain, and will cost another £75 to buy the book minus coupon, or waste hours and hours of work editing it), had a letter from my Mum inviting me to the unveiling of a memorial bench for my Granddad in a month and I can't make it as it's mid-week and I dont have any holiday days left to take from work, and it's my Dad's birthday tomorrow and I've forgotton to send him anything.

So after all that, I'm having pasta with pesto, and I'm guilt ridden :( and not just on the food front either

Replies

• mbvenske
    mbvenske Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Wow, sounds like a couple bad strikes on one day, and your gonna celebrate with pasta. Okay. I'm really sorry about all that is going on, life really stinks sometimes. Explain to your dad, hopefully he'll understand. Parents are pretty forgiving people. Congrats on your wedding, other than missing the photo deadline I hope all is going well. You know, you can give yourself a little slack, we all make mistakes and we all have bad days. Brush the dust off and start over. Best of luck, and take care.
  • brettjcohen
    brettjcohen Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Wow that isn't what you'd call a good day. But money comes and money goes. Buy the book and enjoy your wedding photos (or call them up and plead for an extension - I'm sure they want to sell you the photos as much as you'd like to have them). You can always travel to the bench on a weekend or holiday and sit there and remember your grandfather. I'm sure that would mean more to him than the other.
    As for eating you just have to remember to take it one day at a time. Pesto's not that bad - at least the olive iol is a healthy oil. Also when you mess up you have to just put it behind you and start fresh tomorrow. I've been doing good for several weeks and this weekend was my grandmother's 88th birthday. We took her to dinner and my Mom baked a pie for her and I sorta went a little crazy eating and ended up over my calorie limit by over 1500 and that was including a 1000 allowance for running on the elliptical trainer for an hour. But I just had to put it behind me and get back on the horse for the next day. If I let one bad day ruin my long term goals I'll never make it. Keep your chin up!
  • Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, I guess I'm just upset about missing the memorial and the scattering of the ashes, and also a little angry at my mum for not giving me more notice!
  • Kirsty_UK
    Options
    That's it, I've decided that I don't care how many evenings I have to stay late to make it, I'm going to go. It's one afternoon off, if I talk to HR, maybe they'll let me have extra leave and pay it back through shorter lunches and staying later. I'm working 2 bank holidays for them because they asked me too and I don't get any extra for those, just a day for a day.
  • kkbeard
    kkbeard Posts: 20
    Options
    good decision! You don't want to regret missing something that important!
  • Kirsty_UK
    Options
    good decision! You don't want to regret missing something that important!

I think I'd def regret it. I'll speak to them tomorrow.
  • Kirsty_UK
    Options
    Update: the photo people gave me an extension - yay, my Dad got an e-voucher for his birthday that he was very happy with, but I can't make the memorial. No way to do it without risking death on the roads through driving tired and wrecking the whole weekend away with my friend. My Granddad would understand. We'll go see it another time.