SUGAR DETOX

Options
Hello, my name is Nikki and I'm going through a sugar detox.
I want this nasty **** out of my system for good!
I NEVER want to depend on it again! I'm tired of it sabotaging my weight loss efforts!
Feel free to join me!

Replies

• veganempress
    Options
    What does the detox consist of?
  • Bethy25
    Bethy25 Posts: 73
    Options
    you are awfully brave right before Easter!
  • RoniDoll
    RoniDoll Posts: 262
    Options
    I did it! and it the best thing i have ever done fro myself! My vision and energy have improved a lot!
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    i did that a couple months ago....only left milk for protein drinks
    results: flatter stomach!!!!,
    smarter about eating
    less bloat
    found new snacks i enjoy

good luck!!
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • SaraWo24
    SaraWo24 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Ugh! I definitely need to do this!!!
  • franzy
    franzy Posts: 259
    Options
    wow I would like to try it , what does it consist of?
  • aneumany
    aneumany Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    can someone please explain wat it is or wat u have to do or not too exactly! lol thanks
  • sarcastje
    sarcastje Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    how do you do it? i looked into my food diary and almost EVERYTHING has sugar in it. Except one item in my list which was light mozarella cheese
  • Nataliethin81
    Options
    all sugar or just refined sugar?
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    Basically cut out added sugar. I wouldn't cut out the fruit or dairy or veggies (there is even natural sugar in oatmeal) since it is all natural sugars and those are sugars the body needs and knows what to do with (but still have to be careful with them. They are counted under Total Carbs).

If sugar is in the ingredient list then stay away from it. Honey, molasses, sugar, sucrose, fructose, etc.
  • lil_missfit
    lil_missfit Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    What does the detox consist of?

I 2nd that.....what does it consist of???....how do we do it too???
  • audjrey
    audjrey Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am in post-detox after yesterday's detox.

I detox several times a year especially after a winter diet rich in cooked comfort foods.

If you want or need any ideas on how to detox vital organs, please feel free to view yesterday (and today's) food diary. I also posted some detox juice recipes in addition to a detox smoothie. Finally, I highly recommend you go to iTunes and download TeriLeigh Schmidt. She's a very special yoga teacher with a slew of 2 & 2 1/2 hour detox yoga sessions (all free with your free subscription). I highly recommend doing a detox yoga session in conjunction with any dietary detox program. Highly beneficial!

All the best to you on your detox :wink:
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I was totally looking for something like this!! I just snacked on TWO sugar-filled granola bars, and they have been controlling me for over a month!! I WANT THEM OUT OF HERE!! I want to cut out all sugar in it's forms (especially syrups - like corn syrup), and just keep the good sugars from fruits.

So, what's the plan? Lol.
  • SSawney
    SSawney Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hi I am doing something similar but I am doing the no flour, no sugar diet and I just eat all the basics fruits, veggies, proteins, etc. I cut out all sugar sometimes its really hard when people around you are eating it and a craving hits you and you want to give in. I am happy that I can see what other people are doing so that it can keep me motivated.
  • puggleperson
    puggleperson Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    it's not what it consists of it's what it DOESN'T consit of and I'm assuming that ingridient is ...wait for it...... Sugar!!!
  • 123nikki123
    123nikki123 Posts: 527
    Options
    WEEK 1...Detox

Take a deep breath – you’re not going cold turkey. Cut back on the amount of sugar you add to foods (no more than a teaspoon!) Instead of buying and consuming processed foods that include sugar, try buying healthier alternatives – like whole wheat cereals – and adding 1 tsp. of sugar. This puts you in control of the amount of sugar you’re consuming.

WEEK 2....Eliminate Hidden Sugar

Hunt down hidden sugars hiding in your cabinets and pantry. Throw away foods containing high amounts of added sugars, everything from tomato sauces to ketchup to peanut butter. Be especially wary of low-fat items as they often contain more sugar to make them taste better.

When purging your kitchen, be on the look out for these names:

Fructose
    Maltose
    Sorbitol
    Evaporated cane juice
    Syrups
    Xylotol
    Sugars ending in "ol" or "ose"

WEEK 3...Use alternative Sweeteners

Instead of sugar, try using the following alternative sweeteners:

Stevia
    Non-caloric herb from Paraguay
    Very sweet with slight licorice taste
    Found at health food, specialty and grocery stores with the dietary supplements – not with sweeteners.

Agave Nectar

Made from blue agave cactus grown in Mexico
    High in calories, but you only need a very small amount
    Found at vitamin stores.

WEEK 4...Trick your Taste Buds

Using fresh spices and herbs can trick taste buds into thinking you’re eating something sinfully sweet. Try adding cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, vanilla or allspice to your coffee, cereals and baked goods.
  • 123nikki123
    Options
    Basically cut out added sugar. I wouldn't cut out the fruit or dairy or veggies (there is even natural sugar in oatmeal) since it is all natural sugars and those are sugars the body needs and knows what to do with (but still have to be careful with them. They are counted under Total Carbs).

If sugar is in the ingredient list then stay away from it. Honey, molasses, sugar, sucrose, fructose, etc.

EXACTLY! :smile:
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Just after New Year's I cut out refined sugar. In about a week I lost 4 pounds. I'll occasionally have a piece of candy or a cupcake, but I'm able to stop at just one. In fact, I honestly don't want more than one because I can't handle the sugar. The hardest thing to give up was Coke, but a couple of weeks ago I stopped drinking it all together because I knew I wouldn't drink it while I was pregnant. (Which I am now.) We had some sodas at my son's birthday party this weekend and I had one, but I didn't enjoy it. It was way, way too sweet. Since I finally gave up the Coke I don't like soda or sugar anymore.

Once you do it, it feels great! Getting over the addiction can be difficult, but it's so worth it!
  • 123nikki123
    Options
    I just wanted to let you know that the above information is just a guidline I found from Dr. Oz....I myself am going to cut out refined sugars cold turkey...all at once! It works better for me if I do. I like to jump right in and get it over with instead of prolonging the pain. If I'm craving something sweet I'm going to reach for something nature gave us...carrots, fruits etc.