Ladies With IUDs

Options
Have you ever had god awful cramps followed by mid-cycle spotting after a workout?

Last week I was doing some strength. Really working a burn in the abs and afterward I was doubled over with pain that felt like back labor for about 15 minutes. This week I'm spotting. My string is still in place, I'm just wondering if I poked or cut myself somehow. :-/

Replies

• Aylilth
    Aylilth Posts: 125
    Options
    I have never had that happen.

Maybe head over tothe Dr to be on the safe side.
  • mckant
    mckant Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I agree you should call the doctor. I just had a new one put in last week and haven't had any problems. I never had anything like that with the other one, either.
  • daddyzgurl
    Options
    Ive never had any issues like that with mine, however, I had mine taken out and when the hormones left my system lost the"bloated tummy" look.
  • tdjones00
    tdjones00 Posts: 68
    Options
    I do not have the IUD, but I do have the Implanon and I had spotting for two weeks straight and it did start with pain.

4970174.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    GO TO YOUR DOCTOR.
    My sister had this happen.... the IUD punctured her uterus and travelled across her abdomen. She needed surgery to have it removed.
  • donicagalek
    donicagalek Posts: 526
    Options
    Time to make an appointment. Yuck. BTW, it's a copper and I've had it for almost four years without problem. :-/
  • stephig
    stephig Posts: 3
    Options
    you may be experiencing ovarian cysts, If you are near ovulation, and doing alot of physical stuff you can irritate the cyst, even if its small, or it my rupture or leak a small amount of fluid that feels like you are going to die, very painful, exercise, one of the many small side affects of IUD or mirena, I'm a example of this....your symptoms happened to me exactly. If this sounds like it may be the cause, talk to your doc, she can feel for a cyst, and if you have one do an ultrasound to see how lrg it may be.......hope you get better soon!
  • Bridgetc140
    Bridgetc140 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I have an IUD and I do have terrible cramps sometimes. What's worse is sometimes I have major pain around my c-section incision scar....I was worried about a hernia, but there is no lump or anything so I think it was just sore muscles...I hope.
  • donicagalek
    donicagalek Posts: 526
    Options
    What's worse is sometimes I have major pain around my c-section incision scar....

That could be a bingo. My first was a c-section. On the other hand my sister has PCOS so cysts run in the genes. Time will tell...making an appt.