Take a look back once in awhile..

Options
It was pointed out to me today that I am VERY hard on myself and that I don't celebrate my victories and successes when it comes to weight loss and fitness. I'm SO preoccupied with where I want to be and far I have to go, that I don't appreciate what I have accomplished. I spend a lot of time looking at the number on the scale and being frustrated that it doesn't move fast enough that I don't see how much it has moved since I started!

So, thanks to my friend for pointing out this "flaw" to me and today I'm going to celebrate how far I've come!

In the last year....
I've lost 31lbs
I've dropped 3 pant sizes
I can run for 4 - 5 miles without stopping (when I started running, I couldn't run more than a block without needing to walk)
I average between 9 - 10 min per mile pace when running (when I started jogging, I think it was upwards of 15 min per mile)
I have muscle tone like I've never had before
I can do real pushups now

I'm sure there's more. But, it's hard for me to say positive things about myself; I'm so used to being negative! Today, in this moment, I am happy with what I have accomplished and proud of how hard I work. How far have you come?

Replies

• tdjones00
    tdjones00 Posts: 68
    Options
    Congrats on your accomplishments!
  • denitraross
    denitraross Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Great post - and so true..I am the same way, and soo close to my goal and getting frustrated - but this was motivational....hard to look back when your stuck in the moment :)
  • spacecase76
    spacecase76 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    great job!

This year I have lost the loser husband, lost 19 pounds, dropped from a size 12 pants to a size 8. I have so much more energy than I did, thanks to working out. I have discovered that I LOVE to run, and I am finally getting some shape to my upper arms :love:
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    great job!

This year I have lost the loser husband, lost 19 pounds, dropped from a size 12 pants to a size 8. I have so much more energy than I did, thanks to working out. I have discovered that I LOVE to run, and I am finally getting some shape to my upper arms :love:

So you technically lost about 200lbs...
  • myvenus
    myvenus Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    WOW, that is a HUGE accomplishment...not only the weight loss, but the toning and the running ability is amazing to me!! I think you ROCK! and you are beautiful in your profile picture...add that to your list of positives! Way to go, and keep repeating those positive thoughts, you ARE worth it! :flowerforyou:
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    Those really are fantastic accomplishments. Glad to see you celebrating yourself because you're exquisite. :) Great work!
  • spacecase76
    spacecase76 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    great job!

So you technically lost about 200lbs...

About 230, yeah, lol
  • myvenus
    myvenus Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    McKayMachina - your little chart under your signature is great! it lists your SW, your goals, and the dates you've achieved them, how clever!!
  • boobee32
    boobee32 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I am the same way....afraid to celebrate the accomplishments for fear of it setting me back for whatever reason. I have lost 18 lbs in just the last two months, went down a pants size..have great muscle tone, cant do pushups, but can do squats with no problem like before...can actually run on the treadmill also...love the way i am feeling, looking, and sleeping....
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    tdjones00, denitraross, McKay - Thanks Ladies! :flowerforyou:

spacecase - That's awesome! You lost that extra baggage and found something that you really do love! NICE! :drinker:

myvenus - Awww! Thank you so much! :blushing:

boobee - Right, part of me doesn't want to be happy, because I might get comfortable where I am and not keep going!
    And part of me wants to feel like I shouldn't be so proud of myself because I shouldn't have let myself get the way I did in the first place! :grumble:
  • lcastaneda
    lcastaneda Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Kudo's to your friend for reminding you of the importance in taking the time to recognize & appreciate all that you have already accomplished. Congrats to you.You have accomplished so much - not the least of which is being nearly 3/4 of the way to your goal. This was no easy task - it came with hard work & discipline. Keep on pressing on. You are an inspiration.

Lisa :flowerforyou: