YOGIS ANONYMOUS

Options
1235»

Replies

• lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Just re-awakening this thread.

On this rainy and gloomy day, I'm going to bikram in a few hours.

How/what are the other yogis and yoginis doing?:flowerforyou:
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

Reporting in...haven't fallen off the face of the earth yet.

My boyfriend and I are separating...we went from being lovers to becoming best friends...which is wonderful...it isn't a nasty breakup...I'm just not willing to live with him anymore...I'm moving back to my hometown, up the coast, Santa Cruz County. Will be at my Brother's place starting out.

I'm off of my routines currently...just keep the music on while working and take little exercise breaks here and there...have been able to maintain what I have achieved thus far and will get back in routines after I am re-settled.

Thanks to our MFP, "emtink", I already have a network established in the Bellydance Sisterhood in my hometown.

Here's the greatest news: My future instructor is also heavily into yoga...she has dance and yoga lessons at her studio...so I'll be able to take my dance lessons and live yoga lessons...so convenient...it will be a 1st, I have only practiced yoga via DVD thus far.

Thanks for being here all of You! Much Love!
  • psyknife
    psyknife Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I don't believe I've posted here yet!

So, 4 years ago I did my first downward dog position... NEVER thought I'd learn to love yoga.

4 years have passed and here I am... I LOVE yoga. In fact, I am now a yoga instructor. I currently teach once per week, a power yoga style, for the most part. I just love the way the muscles heat up during power yoga... I've gained more flexibility through yoga than through any other form of stretching. It's also improved my strength! I constantly challenge my students in my yoga class, because it's great to see them feeling the burn and loving it!

I'm on a mission to learn even more about yoga. I eventually plan on doing one of the 200 hour teacher trainings (they are pricey!) and I'm attending a Yoga Journal Conference next year. I'm slowly but surely starting to adapt to a yogi way of life... getting better at it, mostly.
    I'm supposed to be subbing a Yoga Nidra class this Sunday... I'm a bit nervous, as I've never taught that format, but I'm reading up. I guess it's more about meditation, as it means "yoga sleep"... wish me luck!

PS... FatDancer... I also teach a belly dance fitness class... gotta love belly dance too!
  • psyknife
    Options
    Yoga lovers... where are ya? :heart:
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    I just got back from yoga. . .I had one of those "just drag yourself there" days. And you know, with bikram. . .sometimes you do the yoga and sometimes the yoga does you. Today, the yoga did me.

I think I'm full of junky stuff from my trip this weekend, so I didn't have very good energy. I got dizzy, and had to sit down a few times. I keep trying to tell myself that my achievement right now is going to the studio, and anything else there is bonus. It's so hard not to be competitive and want to do a better posture than the person next to you (who you're not even supposed to be looking at)

:flowerforyou: Where my other yoginis at?
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    They are standing next to you comparing their posture to yours!
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    They are standing next to you comparing their posture to yours!

OK, I seriously almost spit out my coffee. Thanks.:laugh:
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Namasté all i am here!!!

I have mentioned this on mfp before, but i just thought i would remind all of you that if you have an office job, it works wonders to sit on a yoga ball instead of a chair! I have had mine for about 8 months or so, and i can NOT go back to a chair after being 'on the ball' for this long. It even hurts my back sometimes just to sit my car!

So who else does this or is willing to give it a try? It has done wonders for my core and legs!
  • psyknife
    Options
    I was doing that for some months, and then it popped underneath me... now I'm scared to do it again :sad:
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    They make some balls that are designed to "slowly deflate" if they burst. . .sorry I have no idea as far as brand names go. . .just something to check out.:flowerforyou:
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    the one that i use is supposedly burst resistant, so i guess that it is the kind that deflates slowly, and it also has a bit of sand in the bottom so that it does not roll away when you stand up! It is by golds gym