Best Workout Videos- Reviews from you!

Options
I wanted to create a post for people to post the best and worst workout videos they have done, new releases, or maybe an oldie but goodie?
Some Ive tried that I enjoyed-
Carmen Electras Striptease Workout- makes you feel sexy and fun! I would however never do this in front of anyone! lol
P90X - kicks your butt, works great, you have to really have the drive and willpower to complete, but well worth the results!
Gilad Ultimate Body Sculpt Series- I started this a few years back, its a little on the cheesy side with the Techno music and cranked up smiley faces, but its not as extreme, good for beginners, and you really do get lean! one of my favorites...I just turned down the sound and listened to my Ipod, and watched the visual cues.
Ive decide anything from Denise Austin makes me gag........who wants to work out with her?
I havent gotten any others lately but will post my reviews as I try out new ones.....
What are your favorites?

Replies

• dodoodoodo
    dodoodoodo Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    have you tried "insanity"? i'm curious how p90x and insanity compare. interesting info tho!!
  • haldeman5
    haldeman5 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I really LOVE Chalean Extreme and Turbo Jam. I am on week 8 of Chalean Extreme and it is the only thing that I have stuck with!!! I did do P90 for about 6 weeks before this and I really liked for the first couple weeks but I was bored with doing the same 2 workouts over and over. Chalean is a different workout everyday of the week and then the weeks repeat for 4 weeks and then you move on to a new set of workouts. There are 3 different months:-) I use Turbo jam for extra cardio.
  • jcm214
    jcm214 Posts: 157
    Options
    I like Turbo Jam and Jackie Warner's videos. I have her Personal trainer video and her Xtreme crunchless abs. I like her a lot better than Jillian Michaels. I want to punch Jillian.
  • heatherw1977
    Options
    I'm on week 3 of month 2 of Insanity, this is the 2nd time I have done the program...This workout kicks your butt!
  • katacha999
    Options
    Turbo Fire! Turbo Fire! I did P90X - and i was ripped as far as muscle mass, however I never had an issue with accumulating muscle mass before. I found the P90 cardio rather limiting. When I came across TurboFire - I figured - hey what the heck! And I love love love LOVE it! The cardio is fantastic! There is strength building - but with resistance bands (provided) so you will not build bulk muscle, only toning (which I am A-OK with). There is also a "yoga" component but nothing like the P90X Yoga - which I absolutely hated. Hate hate hated. I always thought yoga was supposed to be relaxing.. that just made me angry. Seriously. So that is my take. Turbo Fire. Turbo Fire also has a hybrid Insanity schedule.
  • jennmoore3
    jennmoore3 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I love Leslie Sansone. She does the walk away the pounds series. Very easy for anyone to do. Even my 8 year old does it! Other than that, I have never tried anything else.
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    I have done Zumba Wii and loved it after a month however I did move on to a different one. Same songs kinda make it a bit boring after a while but still a good cardion routine to go back to when you need an extra jump!

Brazil Butt Lift Loved this as well the resistand band and scult piece got me ready for Chalean Extreme

Im currently on Chalean Extreme just started it so just finished my first week this girl kicks your *kitten* I was sore (but the good sore) for a bit didnt stop me from continuing her workout though.

I have turbo fire but I have not touched that one yet Im a little afraid to do so LOL!!!
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred! I lost several inches in 30 Days. It's great, because when you commit to doing something for 30 days, you really get into the habit of working out. I didn't work out regularly AT ALL before I started this DVD! I've also got some wonderful bicep muscle going on now, and the slight outline of abs, which I'm super pumped about! I never thought I could be so into a workout DVD! Now I'm getting hooked on her other DVDs.
  • mandiewalters
    mandiewalters Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I like the Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds workouts, too. This will sound really nerdy, but I like the Richard Simmons Sweating to the Oldies and Disco Sweat.:) I used to do the Leslie Sansone and Disco Sweat with a friend of mine. We had so much fun laughing as we did Disco Sweat. I think we burned more from laughing than doing the workout.:)
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I love denise austin she knows how to sculpt a nice booty!!! she helped me when I was 17 and shes helped me now!!...shes happy cuz she looks so good!! LOL
  • ldon37
    ldon37 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I am doing Insanity and LOVE it. It is super intense, and I like that. I like that it has different workouts for different days so you are not doing the same dvd everyday. That would bore me to death. I think I may have to get Asylum (the next Insanity workout) next.

A good workout that is not as popular is Melt It Off. It is by Mitch Gaylord, a former Olympic gymnast. A very good total body workout that uses a weighted ball during the workout to burn more calories. There are several different workouts on the same dvd.

I have Jillian Michaels 30 DS with Weights. It is only okay to me. Not super impressed. Maybe this is because I am doing Insanity and nothing else seems to come close:tongue:
  • abouck
    abouck Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    bump
  • leahnoelle31
    leahnoelle31 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I love DVDs by The Firm :). I have 30DS but I can't stand Jillian! I wish she didn't talk...EVER.
  • gc_tweety
    gc_tweety Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    30 DAY SHRED is my favorite. I had lost some weight and became a smaller version of my chubby self. Once I began the video I saw muscle tone and a waist! I think its amazing and who can't dedicate 20 minutes a day?