30 day shred vs Ripped in 30. Reviews?

Options
Ive enjoyed the 30 day shred in the past and am thinking about buying her Ripped in 30 DVD to mix it up. Has anyone tried both? The idea seems identical, are the workouts different? Which do you like best? Thanks!

Replies

• emmigirl429
    emmigirl429 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Ohh I'm curious, too!
  • 3littlemonkies
    3littlemonkies Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have both and like them both. I like ripped in 30 more so far. I burn about 100 more calories doing it. It has 4 levels and I haven't done them all but it is definately worth the 10.00. Plus she includes a 30 day menu plan that is about 1400 calories and actually really doable. Real foods that I will actually eat.
  • ChantalD75
    ChantalD75 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    :smile: I just finished wk 3 on ripped in 30 and so far love it more then the shred.... I have noticed more of a difference doing the ripped in 30
  • merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    bump
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Shred is way better!!
    We are all different though...
  • Supermel
    Supermel Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I love love loved the shred. Level one doesnt' do much for me now, i think i've done it too much- i don't burn enuf calories doing it. Level 2 and 3 i haven't done in like a year, so i'm sure they will kick my butt accordingly, haha.

I am currently doing Ripped now, tonight will be day 5 of level one and i really like it. I burn more calories than the shred too.
    It is the same format, warm up, strength (3min) cario (2), and abs (1) and there are 3 sets. I am a bit scared of all the planks i hear are coming in the next levels but level one for me was doable and i'm enjoyed getting stronger at it each day. I like that it is 4 levels and i guess there is a meal plan with it too- i haven't looked into it.

I love Jilian Micheals and i'm liking this Ripped one a lot! I may do the shred after it again and then go back to it, and i'm happy to have a shorter intense video to kick into my mix!
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Not to add confusion, but what about her other videos? Any in[ut on 6Week/6Pack or Shredding with weights?
  • Bridgetc140
    Bridgetc140 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I just bought the 6 week 6 pack video. In fact, it just arrived in the mail today. I just did the whole video levels 1 & 2....awesome! I burned 485 calories!! It is definitely a good work out. I have several different workouts and this burned the most calories in the shortest amount of time. After the first level, I had burnt 200 calories......30 minutes is very short of a workout for me though, so I intend on always doing both levels. Great workout! 485 calories is A LOT for me since I'm only 112lbs. During Banish Fat Boost Metabolism, I usually burn around 375 and my husband burns well over 700.....who knows what he'll burn with this one...probably over 1000.
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    I've done both full out every level. Shred twice for 45 days and Ripped in 30 once. Also done a few of her other videos. I have done 6wk6pk abs and Shredding It w/ weights. I actually like those too. I think my least favorite was Yoga Meltdown I just don't get it. I love the shred and ripped in 30 was quite different but I can see more definition in my obliques, abs, and arms. I have to incorporate cardio no matter what with her since I'm still trying to burn fat at a steady rate. If you can borrow it I would and give it a test run. I wrote a review of Ripped in 30 in my blog (in signature). Right now I'm incorporating running, 30 Day shred, and shredding it w/ weights regularly into my regimen.
  • Supermel
    Supermel Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I really like (or like to hate haha) her no more trouble zones. I got a 3 pack originally at costco with no more trouble zones, the boost metabolism one and 30 day shred. If you look online- there is a 30 day slim down plan made by jillian that incoroporates those 3 videos. I almost made it thr the 30 days once...
  • LCE5
    LCE5 Posts: 1
    Options
    I am happy I found this thred! I have done The Shred and I was wondering if Ripped in 30 was any different from it.. I loved the Shred and toned up a LOT on it(I was WAY out of shape..lol) I am also on level one of her 6wk 6pk dvd and loving it! I have been contemplating getting her Ripped in 30 dvd but was hesitant because I have read a lot of mixed reviews on it! It's 9$ at my local wal-mart right now, so I think I will go out and buy it tomorrow!