Brand New-Nashville, TN

Options
I joined to support my Dad who also joined a few days ago. We both need to lose 50+ pounds so we can stay alive and active in each others lives for as long as possible. Today was day 1 and although I have not eat come up with an eating plan for myself, just having this open at my desk to log in the random junk that I eat without thinking has been a good thing. Here is to the first 5 pounds! I am in the greater Nashville area and would love to find a walking group, if anyone reading this post knows about one please share

Replies

• vanfox23
    vanfox23 Posts: 110
    Options
    I'm not in the Nashville area, but just wanted to congratulate you and your dad for taking a step towards a healthier lifestyle! Good luck on your journey!
  • a_freeman
    a_freeman Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Good choice MFP really works. Try dialing in your weight loss goals and see what it says. Most folks that follow the plan lose weight. You can see what other people are doing and eating to give you ideas

Andy
  • lil_missfit
    lil_missfit Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Welcome:)) Good luck to you and your dad:))
  • mynewyorkad
    Options
    Hey there! I am from Nashville, TN as well! Welcome to the site!
  • mitchet
    mitchet Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm also in the Nashville area! welcome!

i don't know of any walking groups, but i do know of free fit clubs if you are interested :)
  • Delphi
    Delphi Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Not in Nashville but only 10 or so minutes away. Welcome to MFP.
  • bethalicia
    Options
    Hey All!
    Did a search for Nashville to see if there was anyone else around here on MFP. Glad to see middle TN represented and trying to get fit!
    mitchet - I would love some more info about any free fit clubs in the area. Right now I try to do the mile loop at Centennial Park. I can't really afford a gym membership right now, but I would love to be able to work out.

If there isn't a walking group around maybe we should start one.:smile: