FINALLY! After 6 week plateau, 6/10 of a pound loss!

Options
2»

Replies

• shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    There's a big difference between a 'warmup' and actual cardio. A warmup would be 5 minutes of aerobic work and another 5-10 minutes of dynamic stretching. It's very different from 20-60 minutes of moderate intensity cardio, much less taxing.

Being a diabetic can effect what you use for energy, but only in certain circumstances. If you had uncontrolled insulin-dependent diabetes, you'd be using primarily fatty acids in the form of ketones, but only because the insulin wouldn't be able to send glucose into the cells. In that case, you wouldn't want to exercise anyway, because you'd be very sick! A person with controlled diabetes would function pretty much the same as anyone else.

Darn--was hoping the diabetes would mean I'd convert to fat for energy faster than a normal person. :grumble: Oh well. Thanks again!
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I am so happy for you Shore!
  • menjivas
    menjivas Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! I finally broke my plateau on Friday. I lost 6/10 of a pound as well!
  • shorerider
    Options
    Thanks again, all! I lost another 4/10 of a pound since yesterday, so 1 whole pound gone! I'm really going to be careful now and make sure I mix things up (at least until I can break the bike out again come spring!) and try to keep the weight loss going.
  • cupcake568
    cupcake568 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Thanks for giving me hope! I've been in the same boat for nearly 2 months - I have decided it is my body getting used to my new school schedule. I joined a gym and started spinning and doing weight training so I am expecting great things in the next couple of weeks! (My plateau is at 202..I REALLY want to get under that 200 mark!)

:flowerforyou:
  • shorerider
    Options
    (My plateau is at 202..I REALLY want to get under that 200 mark!)

:flowerforyou:

You and me both--let me tell you, when I go under 200, you'll hear the shouting! I haven't been under 200 since I was 18! blink.gif And that was a LONG time ago!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!