Gaining several pounds in a day

Options
124»

Replies

• Therapist_mama
    Therapist_mama Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I also weigh daily just to keep myself on track. I don't take the fluctuations to heart but try to watch for patterns. Like I had pizza last night and the scale was up today. I realize that the pizza was high in sodium and this was most likely due to that. I have also found that when I am able to spread my calories out more evenly through the day, rather than getting them in fewer larger meals, the scale has a tendency to move in the downward direction. I still struggle with the eating back your exercise calories but I understand the premise. It just takes time to undo all the old habits and beliefs from years of yo-yo dieting. Listen to the advice offered here and believe that people are trying to help. Some people just may not be as smooth with their delivery or subscribe more to the tough love philosophy. We all have the same goal ~ to get healthy, maintain a healthier lifestyle, and help others do the same. Best wishes! :flowerforyou:

Very nicely said and true!
  • Huisman81
    Huisman81 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have the same frustration _ I have gained and lost the smae 10 lbs in the last year and half. I bust my *kitten* off at the gym 5 days a week and have been training for what will be my 3rd 5K.
    I realize that diet and healthy eating is a major factor so even when I'm on target with my calories the scale does not budge.
  • rachelleahsmom
    rachelleahsmom Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I've enjoyed reading this thread. Thanks to those of you that gave good, inspirational and positive feedback. For the original poster, if you want to friend me, please do. I don't have a lot of answers, but I am a great cheerleader!