Who want to LOSE 40-50 lbs in 4 months?!?!?

Options

Replies

• bestdaysahead
    bestdaysahead Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I would absolutely LOVE to loose 50 pounds by August! I'm in!!!
  • aegira
    aegira Posts: 204
    Options
    I haven't really found a "new" food but I have rediscovered an old favourite... pomegranates they are weird sort of fruit but I love
    the juice they have. As a little girl it used to be a treat to sit and eat one using one of my mum's hat pins, yumm

Hope you all have a lovely weekend planned, enjoy it and have fun =)

Next Question: What are you most grateful for...

For me it's finding love second time around, raising two great kids, that if I screw up today, tomorrow I get to try again =)
  • femme62209
    femme62209 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I am most grateful for my support system! My sister Katy and my best friend Kristen have joined MFP so that they could work right alongside me on this journey. My boyfriend Josh is constantly there to remind me that if it's hard, then it's probably worth doing. Also, he reminds me how beautiful I am to him on a daily basis :) My parents are also very supportive...even sending me money to buy Lean Cuisine meals since the food at my school isn't the healthiest.

Update: I have lost 28lbs so far!!! (since March 1, 2011)...I think that makes it about 10 pounds since we started this thread. How is everyone else doing? Have you seen any results yet?

Question: What (finally) inspired you to start this weight loss journey?
    For me it was not being able to walk up the 2 flights of stairs to my dorm room without losing my breath. I would wait out in the hall until I had caught my breath before going into my room, because I was so embarrassed. It was then that I realized something needed to change.

I hope everyone has an amazing Friday and weekend!!! Get outside and enjoy the weather :) See you all on Monday!
  • tryinghard2012
    tryinghard2012 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Next Question: What are you most grateful for...

I'm most grateful for my siblings! We are very close and because of them, I'm inspired to lose weight and get healthy. In their own way they motivate me, and I'm proud to have such awesome siblings!!!

Next question: When you start to doubt yourself, how do you find inspiration?
  • ravenclawseekergirl
    ravenclawseekergirl Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    When i start to doubt myself, i go and look at all the sucess stories there are on here. Seeing other peoples achievements really motivates me to keep going.It's also great becase i can talk to people who have lost more than i need to. This shows me that it's doable. I also look at my mother, (this sounds reallly bad) and remind myself that i dont want to be her when i'm older. I dont want to give in anymore.

Femme62209: Great job on losing ten pounds :happy:

SW (for challenge): 260
    CW: 259
    GW: 220
    This pound has been the hardest so far for me to lose! But it's gone forever now.

Next question: What has been the hardest habit to kick on your weight loss journey? For me it was my late night snacking.
  • aegira
    aegira Posts: 204
    Options
    The hardest habit for me to break and I know this is going to sound weird but it is to eat. I really struggle to eat my required calories and have a really bad habit of forgetting to eat. I am so busy supporting 2 Uni students, working 50 hour weeks, studying 2 different Diplomas, in a new relationship oh and then there is sleep lol I truly forget to eat. I know it's responsible for my plateau at the moment, I'm just not sure how to fully break the habit.

Next question: If you were to have a dinner party for 6 people, who would you invite and why?
  • nicolej216
    Options
    Count me in starting wait 290.4 ending wait 250-240 And im 5 10.I cant wait lets get started what types of exersizes do all of you ? Any one can add me so we can keep in touch Thanks and good luck to all of us!
  • tryinghard2012
    Options
    Next question: What has been the hardest habit to kick on your weight loss journey?

Emotional eating. Learning to address the problems head on, as oppose to eating my way into discomfort. It took me a few months to master this. I get urges still, however it's easier for me to fight the urge to binge.

Another habit was chocolate, I'm not sure I've kicked that habit more so than just avoiding chocolate all together

Next question: If weight wasn't a factor in your life would you feel complete (happy)?
  • imrddy
    imrddy Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    The hardest habit to kick is not eating 2 hours before sleeping. The hardest habit to gain is working out consistently. I lost 4 lbs, due only cutting calories. If I were to exercise, I would probably see better results. I'm going to get off my behind today and workout. I really wish I loved doing it.:noway:
  • skylar1907
    skylar1907 Posts: 156
    Options
    If weight wasn't a factor in your life would you feel complete (happy)?

I feel complete/happy even at my current (heavy) weight... I have great family, friends, dreams...

My fear, however, is that I won't be everything I have the potential to be if I don't get my weight down. So, here I am, working hard to burn calories & lose fat from my body. I hope everyone is happy with who they are - big or small.... but I also hope that we all can become healthier & accomplish our dreams with greater ease as a result.

Personally, I know when I go for a job interview right now, I have to combat the 'first glace' of the interviewer... I can't do some of the things I want to do in my sport (horseback riding) due to my weight...

Will I be happier when I'm healthier? I am sure. But I am also able to be happy now.

Next Question: If you could compete in any sport what would it be? Why?

My answer is: extreme cowboy trail competitions.
  • ravenclawseekergirl
    Options
    Next Question: If you could compete in any sport what would it be? Why?

My answer is: extreme cowboy trail competitions.
    Swimming or ballroom dancing! I used to do both when i was younger and really enjoyed them, i was good at them too. Which always helps. When i was still in school i used to do a lot of sport, shot put, javelin, netball, aerobics, field hockey and trampolining. If i could i suppose i would do all of them :love:

This week i havent been very motivated to do any exercise, it's just too warm here and i can't bring myself to do anything. It's supposed to be spring not summer.

Next question: What is your favourite fruit/veggie?
    For me it would have to be broccoli, when i was younger i used to imagine i was a giant eating trees.... well:blushing:
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I see this has turned into a question forum, but if anyone is interested in keeping each other motivated, I'm gonna try and plough through my last 40 lbs to reach my goal weight by mid-August.

Here's my story and thoughts: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/220582-20-lbs-in-a-year-gonna-pick-it-up-now-to-the-finish-anyo?page=1#posts-2927966

Please add me if you want to keep each other motivated, and please mention in the add that you saw this post so I know. I think I'm a pretty good supporter of my MFP friends, and I'm looking for people with the same goal of about 40 lbs in 4 months.
  • femme62209
    Options
    Next question: What is your favourite fruit/veggie?
    For me it would have to be broccoli, when i was younger i used to imagine i was a giant eating trees.... well:blushing:

I love fruit!!! My favorites would be strawberries, pears, apples, and bananas! I especially love apples with some peanut butter for a great afternoon snack :) My favorite vegetable is definitely corn :)

Happy Wednesday everyone! The past week has been pretty crazy for me! I'm a freshman in college and I have had a lot of midterms this week, which means a lot of staying up late studying. One thing i have realized on this journey is that sleep definitely contributes to weight loss. When I'm exhausted I have no energy to work out. I'm also tired and cranky and I want to eat unhealthy things. But when I have gotten a decent amount of sleep...I am ready to go!

This leads me to my next question: How many hours of sleep do you try to get every night? Does the amount of sleep you get affect your workouts the next day?
  • ravenclawseekergirl
    Options
    This leads me to my next question: How many hours of sleep do you try to get every night? Does the amount of sleep you get affect your workouts the next day?
    I have an incredibly fluxuating sleep pattern, i go through spates of getting 10 hours sleep and waking up everyday at 4 in the morning. I do try to get at least seven hours sleep though otherwise i'm incredibly unsociable.

SW: 260
    CW: 258
    GW: 220
    I've lost another pound :happy: But my scales are on the way out they keep giving me weird results.Step on twice in five minutes and it'll tell you that your weight is ten pounds different than it was . :grumble: It probably needs a new battery.

Next question: How much water do you try to drink everyday?
  • tryinghard2012
    Options
    How much water do you try to drink everyday?

I try to get in about 100 oz or more. It's usually my only beverage aside from tea and a cup of almond milk.

Next question: How are the people close to you responding to your weight loss?
  • femme62209
    Options
    My family and friends are very supportive of my weight loss. My mom helps me pay for Lean Cuisine meals and other healthy and delicious foods :) My dad is also very overweight and when I come home from college on the weekends sometimes he and I will work out together. My sister and my best friend have joined MFP so that they can join me on this journey. My boyfriend is also very supportive of me, but he does have a problem with the amount of weight I want to lose. He thinks that 100lbs sounds like too much. I try and reassure him over and over, saying that I'm not aiming to be a size 0 or 2. I would be thrilled with an 8. I think he just doesn't want me to go to any extremes, and he wants me to be healthy.

While I have loved the question/answer style of this forum so far, I do think that maybe it's getting a little tiresome. I am personally having trouble thinking of new and original questions and therefore find myself not posting nearly as often. I have seen on some other forums different ways that they keep things going and I think they could be helpful.

1. Posing a theme for every day of the week. (Ex: monday=weigh in, tuesday=talk about food, wednesday= tell us a little about yourself, thursday= talk about exercise, etc.)

2. Posing a challenge for the week (ex: drink 8 oz water every day this week, burn 3500 calories from exercise this week, etc.)

What does everyone think about this? Thoughts? Other suggestions? Do you like the question/answer thing still?
    I can't wait to heard back from everyone!
  • tryinghard2012
    Options
    Awesome support system!!!

I love your ideas regarding switching things up!
    My family and friends are very supportive of my weight loss. My mom helps me pay for Lean Cuisine meals and other healthy and delicious foods :) My dad is also very overweight and when I come home from college on the weekends sometimes he and I will work out together. My sister and my best friend have joined MFP so that they can join me on this journey. My boyfriend is also very supportive of me, but he does have a problem with the amount of weight I want to lose. He thinks that 100lbs sounds like too much. I try and reassure him over and over, saying that I'm not aiming to be a size 0 or 2. I would be thrilled with an 8. I think he just doesn't want me to go to any extremes, and he wants me to be healthy.

While I have loved the question/answer style of this forum so far, I do think that maybe it's getting a little tiresome. I am personally having trouble thinking of new and original questions and therefore find myself not posting nearly as often. I have seen on some other forums different ways that they keep things going and I think they could be helpful.

1. Posing a theme for every day of the week. (Ex: monday=weigh in, tuesday=talk about food, wednesday= tell us a little about yourself, thursday= talk about exercise, etc.)

2. Posing a challenge for the week (ex: drink 8 oz water every day this week, burn 3500 calories from exercise this week, etc.)

What does everyone think about this? Thoughts? Other suggestions? Do you like the question/answer thing still?
    I can't wait to heard back from everyone!
  • marsts
    marsts Posts: 85
    Options
    agreed! i really like the posing a weekly challenge idea =)
  • floatingcloud
    Options
    I sooooooooooo want to do this! current weight is 207lbs so I guess the aim would be 157lbs mmm gotta work that out in kg. But Im in. Good Luck everyone! and hi!
  • skylar1907
    skylar1907 Posts: 156
    Options
    SWEET - so lets get going on challenges. Challenge for Tuesday May 10th:

Workout for 15 minutes more than your average workout time per day last week!