Can you do this or is it bad?

Options
Just looking for some advice from others on this topic.
Sometimes, no matter what I do I can't seem to help myself but to over indulge and go over on my calories. So the next day, I work out really hard and make what I went over the previous night my deficit for the next day. So if I go over one day by say 300 calories, the next day I will go under 300 calories.
Is that bad? I know it shouldn't be the answer to my problem... but it's my only means to any sort of remedy, kinda a last resort when all else fails?

Replies

• yesIcan
    yesIcan Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Just looking for some advice from others on this topic.
    Sometimes, no matter what I do I can't seem to help myself but to over indulge and go over on my calories. So the next day, I work out really hard and make what I went over the previous night my deficit for the next day. So if I go over one day by say 300 calories, the next day I will go under 300 calories.
    Is that bad? I know it shouldn't be the answer to my problem... but it's my only means to any sort of remedy, kinda a last resort when all else fails?
  • DjBliss05
    Options
    It would help to know what your goals are set at... how many calories you eat in a day and how many pounds you are trying to lose.

I mean, in theory it should work, but if you are dropping below 1200 calories on the day when you are trying to make up for going over the day before then you might be going too low those days. I think it is best to try to be consistent. We all go over some days, but maybe you can try to work out on the days when you are going over your calories? Just to keep from confusing your body.

If you find out you are or aren't losing, then you'll know if it works.
  • buzz4meusa
    Options
    I had this emotional set back today and ate a total of 2000 calories. My goal is 1200 calories and I did exercise for an hour on the eliptical for about a 400 calorie burn.
    I just kick myself in the butt for this emotional eating. The stress at work is pathetic.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Try to exercise more during the day so you can have more to snack on in the evening :flowerforyou: