Hello I'm new :)

Options
Hi everyone!! A coworker introduced me to this site about a week ago.. This makes it really easy to track your food consuption. I have been dieting since January trying to take off baby weight (had a baby in August) as my first goal then to lose the other 40 lbs I have to lose. I am happy to say that I am less than 10 lbs away from my first goal!! Total weight loss is 18 lbs since January. I have signed up to run a 5K in October and have been training for almost 5 weeks now. I am doing things I never thought I could do and feel great!

Replies

• missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    hi welcome and gd luck:flowerforyou:
  • AB82
    AB82 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello, i'm also new! Was just about to write a post to introduce myself and saw yours so thought i'd tag along on here : ) So, hi everyone!

I started using this site about 2 weeks ago and have lost 7 pounds already (quarter of my target loss) which has been an amazing surprise! I thought I used to calorie count before but this site has shown me I really didnt! Haha!

I've enjoyed flicking through the posts and seeing how supportive everyone here is, its really encouraging! : ) I'm really looking forward to my MFP journey!

Ps, well done on your weight loss so far Shysmom, thats fantastic!!
  • jenfunfur
    jenfunfur Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    firstly congrats on your weightloss, if you want some help and support i've sent you a friend request x
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    WELCOME TO MFP! This site does make it easy to track cals and the people are terrific and so supportive.
    WOW! A 5K! That is so awesome! I can't run on roads so all my running is done on my elliptical. Wish i could try for a run of some sort, but it isn't worth the pain I'd be in after it. Good Luck to you!!!! Add me if you are looking for friends and support!!
  • wiggywompus
    wiggywompus Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hi

I am new too, this is my first week. Been threatening to loose weight for months now but for some reason this weekend made my mind up to do it and joined this site. Love being able to track things so easily.

Good luck with meeting your goal
  • barbarian81
    Options
    You can do it and welcome
  • wiggywompus
    wiggywompus Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hi

I am new too, and what a great site. I have sent a friend request perhaps we can support each other and celebrate our loses!
  • Romee14
    Romee14 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Good luck!! :)
    Stay positive!
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are on the right track.keep moving forward.
    Welcome and good luck!!
    jane:smile:
  • DebKRN
    DebKRN Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi, I'm new to this as well and am learning alot from posts. Sounds like you are doing fantastic...5K is a great goal. Keep up the good work and good luck...