SAHM 4/18 - 4/24

Options
Previous thread:
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/214505-sahm-4-11-4-17

Welcome!! We are a fabulous group of Stay at Home Moms that support each other through our weightloss and the most important job....being a mom! We welcome all newcomers, join in any time, we would love to get to know you! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• bluerose9483
    bluerose9483 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Good morning, everyone! I hope everyone had a great weekend! My weekend was okay. Been fighting this cold and I think I've about won! Finally found the right medicine that has kicked it out mostly. Saturday I got to have some cuddle time with hubby, which was nice. We watched a good movie, My Bloody Valentine.

Other that than, not too much going on. Hubby and I are planning on going to the Y this morning for some good ol' exercise, I can't wait! :smile:

I'll be back in later. Have a wonderful Monday!

Edit note: Not going to the Y, hubby is sick, so instead of a trip to the Y, its a trip to the Dr :frown: Oh well, I still have my 30DS :smile:
  • beccafertig
    beccafertig Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    WOOHOO! A SAHM group! I'm fixing to get on my bike and get a workout in before taking my DS to school this morning, so I'll be back later to properly introduce myself! :-)
  • ekm321
    ekm321 Posts: 6
    Options
    Good morning! I've been at this a while, but I'm stuck and losing motivation, so I'd love some new buddies. I have a 7 year old and 4 year old twins, and my hubby travels for work almost all the time.
  • WildcatMom82
    WildcatMom82 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Good morning girlies! We're up bright and early, a brisk 6 AM :yawn: Always a good time when I've worked until 11 the night before. But she slept 11 hours without a nurse, woot. I have an ambitious plan for the week that includes starting the Bridge to 10K (for those C25Kers who just don't want to stop!), a boot camp video, and of course our once a week Stroller Strides. Classes move outdoors this week, I'm excited! Maybe I'll actually see a loss, it has been awhile :angry:
  • pinklion721
    pinklion721 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I would like to join! Im a stay at home mom to my wonderful 23 month old son! I have been trying to lose my pregnancy weight since he was born. I nursed for 12 months and I thought it was supposed to help lose weight. Lol (not the reason I nursed but was disappointed when I wasn't losing.) I didn't start losing until I joined MFP! I love this site and im learning that making friends and joining groups is a great way to stay focused and motivated.
    I look forward to being part of a group for moms!:heart:
  • KC1206
    KC1206 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies!

Thanks Barb for starting the new thread!

I hope that everyone had a great weekend! Like I mentioned in the previous thread, we spent a lot of time outside, so that was good and it kept me from doing any mindless snacking. Weigh-in is tomorrow, so hopefully I will see some result!

This week is supposed to be all in the upper 70s and low 80s here, so I am looking forward to a LOT of time outside with the little man. He loves being out there and throws a tantrum (hah!) when it is time to come inside.
    On the agenda for the day: cleaning and tidying up the house from the weekend and the 20/20/20 class this afternoon at the Y.

Happy Monday All! And welcome to the new ladies!
  • WildcatMom82
    WildcatMom82 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I've been at this a while, but I'm stuck and losing motivation, so I'd love some new buddies. I have a 7 year old and 4 year old twins, and my hubby travels for work almost all the time.
    You must be a saint! lol. Welcome :flowerforyou:

pinklion - My daughter is 11 months and still nursing and I'm losing soooooo sloooooow. Every time I lose I have a supply drop, then have to step back a bit - it's a vicious cycle. I wish someone had told me not everyone loses while BFing! Our current weights are exactly the same (if your siggy is up to date) :smile:
  • bluerose9483
    Options
    Welcome to the group, beccafertig, Emily, and Kelly!

KC-Good luck on WI tomorrow!!

Well, like I mentioned in my edited note, I did not make it to the Y, hubby was sick this morning and we ended up going to the dr, and found out (besides allergies) he’s also go the cold going around. I was thinking it was something else bc hubby told me he was up all night getting sick and didn’t get much sleep, but a cold I can take, as I’m still fighting mine! Week one of getting my 11 1/2 month old (will be 1 in 2 weeks!) slept in his crib with hardly any problems and has gone 5 nights in a row with no bottle!! Woo hoo!!!!

Woke up this morning and saw that horrible white stuff had came back, ugh!!! Not cool! Around my neck of the woods, it feels like we are NEVER going to warm up.

Tonight, once my kids are sleeping I will be doing my 30DS. I’m hoping to create some kind of workout plan, but my schedule is kinda crazy…..any tips/ideas?
  • shoppie
    shoppie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group, beccafertig, Emily, and Kelly!

KC-Good luck on WI tomorrow! its weigh-in for me tomorrow too and I'm quite nervous as I'm going to be very stroppy if I don't lose.

Wildcat / pinklion - I must admit I have had a few supply issues this week and I never have before. I do wonder whether soon it wil become more pronounced. I know I did get back to my ideal weight after both my boys by the time they were 5 months though and they were both fully BFed, so it must be possible as that still gives me nearly another 3 months to shed about 20 lbs.

What is the Y that you guys mention so much?

Barb - more snow?? Boo! Well done for starting the new thread too :bigsmile: I struggle to fit in exercise, especially as Dd is often nursing a couple of times a night so I feel too knackered in the evenings, and I never know how long she will sleep in the day so if I start how long I'll get (plus I have the 2 and 4 year old to entertain!) One thing is I set myself a low target of 3 workouts per week, then anything more is a bonus. Second, I have accepted sometimes I start but just won't finish or will have a lot of interruptions. I know the heart rate droping back down while you help one of your kids to go the loo/ get a snack/ BF the baby isn't ideal, but I figure 4 small amounts of say 10 mins is better than nothing at all! :laugh: quite often get a workout (usually 2 of the 3) because DD won't sleep so I take her out for a walk carrying her in her sling and walk a a quick speed for an hour - she sleeps, my workout is done! Obviously hubby has to be here and my 2 DSs at nursery and or school which is why it doesn't happen more - especially at the mo as DS1 is on school holidays. In short, you have my sympathies, it is tough!!

Went to a local farm for the day today, took a picnic, went on a tractor ride, played in a big softplay barn, went in the sandpit etc kids had fun but now I am officially far too knackered to do anything else!! OK day though so hoping for a bit of luck with the scales :smile:
  • hollyb9871
    hollyb9871 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon Ladies! Marking for later, need to go get some healthy groceries! I had a good weekend nothing too exciting. My husband returned on Thursday from a business trip so we did some clean up and preparation for company this coming weekend.

I did double workouts today, I weighed in at 131.8 though I won't trust it until I see it again. So close to the 120's getting excited!

Ok, off to do some shopping check back in when I return.
  • pinklion721
    Options
    You must be a saint! lol. Welcome :flowerforyou:

pinklion - My daughter is 11 months and still nursing and I'm losing soooooo sloooooow. Every time I lose I have a supply drop, then have to step back a bit - it's a vicious cycle. I wish someone had told me not everyone loses while BFing! Our current weights are exactly the same (if your siggy is up to date) :smile:

I went through that same vicious cycle, unlike you I gave up trying to lose weight. So congratulayltions for nursing and losing weight!! Yes my current weight is correct.
  • KC1206
    KC1206 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Barb—Sorry to hear that your husband is sick! I hope that he feels better soon! To answer your question, when my schedule started to get really crazy, I scheduled activities based on what I would be most motivated to do when I would be available to do it. I guess I found the most-normal of the crazy schedule and then commit to working out then. I have to remind myself a lot that while my workout schedule isn’t going to be perfect ever, I can do the best I can with what I have…

Shoppie—The Y that we talk about is the YMCA. It is a family-oriented gym. Good luck on weigh in tomorrow! Hope you have some results!!

Holly—That is so awesome that you are getting close to the 120’s. You’ll be there before you know it!

Had an awesome workout today! Really pushed hard and felt amazing afterwards! Weight in is tomorrow and I think that I will have a loss....at least, I hope so. Anyway, off to get the little man to bed and settle in with a good book!
  • DaisyBayberry
    Options
    Hi ladies! Hope everyone is doing ok.

Interesting discussion about breastfeeding and NOT losing weight. I had/have the same issue! I definitely did not lose weight while breastfeeding. Actually, I am still nursing my toddler, but only1-2 times a day, so it isn't really the same thing.

Thank you Barb for the thread! :happy:

My little guy isn't feeling well, and I am not sure if it is his teeth or possibly his ear. :frown:
  • PNCTink
    PNCTink Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies!!! Welcome to the new ladies joining in!!

I also had the weight gain with breastfeeding. With DD I did lose, but with DS I gained, gained, gained. I wasn't watching what I was eating either, but with DD I didn't have to. I guess my body adapted since I'd been breastfeeing for nearly three straight years! :laugh:

My Mom's here visiting now through Friday so I will be scarce. I was only able to do 15 minutes of my dvd today, but we did some major cleaning and I worked up a sweat. I was under in calories anyway, so I'm not complaining. I hope everyone has a great week! :smile:
  • bluerose9483
    Options
    Shoppie-Yes, we woke up this morning to a little bit of snow, but still, it was snow. Ugh! Good luck on your WI tomorrow.

KC-Thanks, I hope he feels better soon.

I got a little bit of a workout in tonight, but not what I was hoping. Tomorrow’s another day.
  • pinklion721
    Options
    I put my son to bed at 7 like any other night. Put on my work out clothes and started my 30 ds workout. Of course in the middle of circuit 2 he started screaming. I tried to finish the work out with him running around but couldn't give it my all. Hopefully tomorrow he will be back on schedule. Lol. I did get in a good 30 min. Of the elliptical earlier though.

Hope everyone has a good night!
  • EverythingCubbies
    EverythingCubbies Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Good luck to those weighing in today!! Hope there are lots of losses posted. :bigsmile:

Last night was my first run for my last week of C25K and it was awesome. My time was great and I did the full 5K, so proud!!! It started to rain on me but it actually cooled me off so I kept going. I probably looked a bit crazy but oh well.

I also didn't lose when breastfeeding but I ate way to much junk and I snacked late at night b/c I was so tired. Not a good combo! I also didn't take my vitamins (only took a prenatal) so that affected how I was feeling too.

Welcome to the new ladies!

Barb - Thanks for starting the thread and I hope you and hubby are on the mend. Colds always make me so lathargic and they seem to linger.

Nicole - Have a wondeful visit with your Mom!

Daisy - Hope your little guy is feeling better today.

Holly - You are doing an amazing job, wow, so close. Great job!!

KC - Sounds like a great workout yesterday, hope you see the results of it today.
  • EverythingCubbies
    EverythingCubbies Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Wildcat - Bridge to 10K sounds awesome. Are you starting it this week or did you already start?
  • IamOnMywayNow
    IamOnMywayNow Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! May i join in? I am a sahm to my two beautiful children my dd is almost 4 and my ds is 6 months. I am nursing my little one and the weight is slooooowly coming off. I have lost all the weight i gained from my ds now i just need to lose the weight i gained from my 4 year old;-)
  • Rainbow_Brite86
    Options
    GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!!

This week I have started Advanced Turbo Jam (: And, am packing and packing we hear from the real estate agency this week. HAVE PRAYERS WE GET THIS PLACE ....Um, I have the TOM ugh :((

But other than that it's being going good, I'm at the lightest still and can't believe it..I'm shocked I've gotten this far, and I want to keep pushing!! :D