Jillian Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism May

Options
I've decided to under take the Jillian BFBM video for May 1st. It may kill me but I think it's the push I need but I figured I would see if anyone else wanted to tackle Jillian in May together? Weekly weigh ins, starting weight, goal weight, and an additional fitness goal as well as daily motivation? Who's in?

Replies

• b00b0084
    b00b0084 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    im starting her 30DS here soon!
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!!!! What the heck. I'm 1/3 of the way into 30 Day Shred with Jillian so why not throw in another Jillian since my schedule lightens up in May!! I have about 4-5 dvds of hers but ahve only used the 30 DS one. I'm in for taking on another one come May 1!!! :happy:
  • ClarkMer
    ClarkMer Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I have Banish Fat Boost Metabolism, I love the workout! It is really hard, but I feel so accomplished when I'm done.
  • merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Just BFBM? I've got a bunch of her videos that I rotate through (right now I'm loving her cardio kickbox)(er, 'loving', lol), so I'd be up for this.

PS: you only think it will kill you. By the last circuit you will be fairly convinced you are going to die, but you won't. lol.
  • mrscone
    mrscone Posts: 17
    Options
    I am definitely up for this one so count me in!
  • niffer82402
    niffer82402 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'm in! This is just the commitment I need. lol I am currently doing level 3 of 30DS, so by May 1, I should be ready for the new challenge. :smile:
  • getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I would but just started the 30 day shred and will only bne half way through it on may 1st. I will think about this one next or that kickboxing one just mentioned! :bigsmile:
  • mbnharrison
    mbnharrison Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 19 of my third round of 30DS - sounds like the majority of us have or are doing the Shred. I thought it would be a good stepping off stone for BFBM.
    I was only planning on BFBM but how do people feel about 5 days of BFBM and one day of Shred and one day off a week?

If it sounds good to everyone add me as a friend if you'd like. It's easier for me to check in with my profile than msg board every day but...HERE we go!
    Every one good with putting in their Stats on April 30?
  • ruhimaach
    ruhimaach Posts: 171
    Options
    I would like to add my $0.02 here, since I've used BFBM once. I think it's great that all of you have signed up for this, since it's a LONG workout! :) Having said that, I think it's a very intense workout and doing it everyday for an hour might get tiring AND boring! I don't know about you guys, but I get bored doing the same time over and over again. You might want to add something else, like NMTZ (which is also an hour). I am on Day 18 of 30DS. I did 2 extra days of NMTZ and BFBM in the middle and loved it! I am planning on doing Ripped in 30 starting May 2nd, and will also use NMTZ and BFBM when I get bored. :) Please feel free to add me as a friend if you wanna talk more Jillian! I think I am addicted to her.
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I remember I tried to do BFBM sometime last year and I could only make it through the 4th circuit! I will do it 3x/week and run 3x/week.. I might also pick up her 6 week six pack to throw in there for a little bit. I think doing it with a group of people would be awesome and motivating for SURE! :)
  • lizzyb0601
    lizzyb0601 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I am definately in!
  • mbnharrison
    mbnharrison Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    6 more days until BFBM! Who's ready? Who's scared? Who's excited?
    I'm scared and excited because I'm stuck looking at a scale that won't budge and needing this shake up but also scared because I don't know if I can do it and I don't know if I can fit in close to an hour of exercise with my daugther's current nap schedule. I'm going to stay positive though and if I can't do it during nap than I guess I'm doing it before bed since I'm finding it impossible to wake up before she does :)

Everyone doing their last bit of work before we put our weight and measurements out there? I'm excited to do this with everyone! Happy Easter!
  • daisabelle
    daisabelle Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I've just ordered it now. I was a big fan of 30DS and got fantastic results.
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    I hate to back out, but I think I'm going to be pursuing a different routine--New Rules of Lifting for Women combined with alternating days of HIIT. I wish all of you luck in your BFBM endeavors! :)
  • lizzyb0601
    lizzyb0601 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Can't wait!
  • msbiki
    msbiki Posts: 2
    Options
    I started Jillian's Banish Fat. I'm only on day 2. I am only doing the first 25 minutes of the dvd because 1. its so intense and second, its long compared to 20 minutes Jillian spoiled me with on the 30 day shred.. However, for 25 minutes of this DVD I'm drenched in sweat more so than on a circuit of the 30 day shred. My goat is to do 5 days of Banish Fat and mix it up with 30 day ripped for the rest of the month. Until then, I hope on waking up early enough to do the remainder of the DVD to start my day.
    Jillian is amazing and if it weren't for the results on my 30 day shred I would have given up on day 1 of this DVD.

Please share your result with this dvd.. I am intrigued to know if anyone else has cut down on time and seen results with Banish Fat.
  • msbiki
    msbiki Posts: 2
    Options
    Count me in.
  • katberz
    katberz Posts: 123
    Options
    I've actually just started it today before seeing this thread. I finished 30 Day Shred last week and wanted to try something harder - OMG it's definitely harder!! My OH said he's never seen my face so purple before! I literally could not move for 10 minutes after I finished lol. I'm gonna do it every other day though and alternate with brisk walking or C25K.
  • BeckyJill7
    BeckyJill7 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I agree that it'll probably get boring because it's so long. I have 7 or 8 JM dvd's that I try to rotate through. Have you looked at the 30 Day Slim Down? It combines BFBM, No More Trouble Zones and the 30 Day Shred. You can find threads here or google it and it gives you the schedule.
  • niffer82402
    niffer82402 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I also just started Couch to 5k, so I will probably not do BFBM on the days I have to run. I am also contemplating buying Jillian's No More Trouble Zones as well to add to the mix because I have heard that BFBM is mostly cardio whereas NMTZ adds more strength training to the mix?