Hundred Push Ups - November

Options

Replies

• FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Greetings PUPs...you guys are making such wonderful progress!

I fell off the pushup wagon...organized program...still working out and incorporating pushups in my sessions.

My relationship went South and all of the wonderful things I was doing for myself, like this challenge, fell by the wayside.

Won't be able to follow an organized program until I am relocated and settled back into all of the wonderful routines and this challenge.

Just wanted to check in and let you know I haven't fallen off the face of the map...I'll be watching this thread and hope to get back on track soon!

Carry On!
  • PurdyMommy
    PurdyMommy Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Ok.. I cant do a full propar push up..I do girl push ups or wall pushups.. I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST!
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Melissa, I am so impressed with your 80 pushups - you make me believe that this is possible! :love:
    Sorry to hear about your relationship, FD - don't forget to take good care of yourself! :flowerforyou:
    Great job to all the newbies who have moved on to week 2 or 3, or are sticking with it at week 1!!!!

I did week 6, day 2, level 1 today:
    1&3: 14
    2&4: 15
    5&6: 14
    7&8: 10
    9: 49 (minimum 44)

And yes, I post every time - it helps me stay accountable!
  • tookieb
    Options
    Ok.. I cant do a full propar push up..I do girl push ups or wall pushups.. I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST!
    I do girlie pushups too don't feel bad. If I work at this long enough, one day I will be able to do real pushups; and so will you.
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    I'm doing girly pushups, too. I couldn't do a single full form push up 3 weeks ago & since I've been doing this program, I tried to do a full form one last night. Cranked out 3! Actual full form push ups, not half pushups, FULL pushups. I was proud. :bigsmile:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,004 Member
    Options
    I do girlie pushups too don't feel bad. If I work at this long enough, one day I will be able to do real pushups; and so will you.

Me three, I'm working up to the real pushups. Since I can see progress, that's what I'm happiest about.

Week 2 day 2 for me today. Total 32. On the onehundredpushups website they call the Modified Pushups "beyotch-ups" (only they spell it the right way.)

Made me laugh :laugh:
  • laurabelle25
    Options
    Whew!!!!:noway:

Just finished Week 3 Day 3 Level 1. Holy moly! Extremely hard, but made it thru. I'm so impressed that I can not only do 13 push ups in a row, but actually do 55 push ups w/ in 10 min. That's incredible to me. I think i see some change in my arms, but apparently i'm imaging it b/c they're the same measurement as two months ago. oh well, i'm still going to pretend!

Laura
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Level 1, Week 2, Day 3

22 (min. 8).
    TOTAL = 42! Woo hoo!

Exhaustion test tomorrow for week 3. Yay!

Good job, Laura! There probably is change. I see change in my arms, but the measurment is the same. Less flab, more fab! LOL I'm sure your arms are looking awesome!
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Exhaustion test end of week 2 = 30! Yay! I'm afraid of what that's going to make my week 3 look like, though. :noway:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Exhaustion test end of week 2 = 30! Yay! I'm afraid of what that's going to make my week 3 look like, though. :noway:

Hey-- I saved the 100 pushups website-- I need to spend some time reading it and then try to fit it into my schedule-- hmmmm.
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,696 Member
    Options
    Welcome Marla! It only takes about ten minutes a day for the push ups, so I hope you have time to fit it in and join us!
    I have totally slacked off this past week. I am going to get back to it tomorrow. I think I am going to do level 2 this week in case I am weak or something. I have two weeks left to goal! I hope I can make it!
    I will post again tomorrow!
    MM
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    I start week 2 in level 3-full form pushups. Done 58 full form:bigsmile: moving on up looks alot tougher, but I will perservere. Great work guys. I love this cause it can be done anywhere, anytime, and burn about 40 cals! let's do it! Grrrrrrr!:wink:
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all ... I think I am going to see how this goes ... I can't seem to make myself pick up the weights regularly but maybe I can challenge myself with some pushups! My arms keep waving for 5 minutes after I stop, so I really have to do something!! :laugh:

I'll start tomorrow at level one ... already know I can't do even one full form pushup and that I can't do more than 5 girlie ones...

And I was supposed to have been off of MFP 45 minutes ago, so I'd better get to work!!

Have a great night, everybody!

Tresa
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Marla - you can do it! Get your older kids to do it with you. See who can hit 100 first...I bet it is MOM!

Tresa - good to see you over here! I did 2 weeks of "practice" before I really started the challenge. I could barely do 3 girly ones so I just took a week & did a few every day before I jumped in head first. But, once I started, it got SO much easier! Now that I'm onto week 3, I might change my mind, though. :tongue:
  • tresa1234
    Options
    I feel so crappy today with this probable bladder infection that I may or may not get any exercise done, let alone pushups. We shall see .... :ohwell:

Drinking a TON of water, taking Emergen-C and headed out to get some cranberry capsules & Azo. Bleah.

But I AM going to get there ... and have recruited my 17-year-old daughter to join me!
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Tresa I hope you get better soon. Bladder infections are no fun!
    I've been MIA for about a week and I feel bad about it. I should have been doing my push ups but I've just been feeling horrible. So just now I did as many as I could. I lost 16 push ups somewhere and I have to get them back this week! I did 64 in a row which is pretty good considering I didn't feel like doing it at all. I then did 20 more. I am really stiff and tight all over but mostly in my back. It did feel good to do some though.
    At this point I don't think I am going to meet my goal of finishing by Thanksgiving weekend but we'll see. I could surprise myself. :smile: Trying a positive approach today. Everyone is doing great!
    MM
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Level 3, Week 3, Day 1 (I'm rethinking doing as well on my next exhaustion test...)

24 (min. 20)
    TOTAL = 84?! Yowzers!

This was a challenge, that's for sure. We'll see how I feel for day 2 on Thursday. I might go down to level 2. I had to pause (still holding a pushup) a couple times the last 2 sets to just take a deep breath & focus. The first 2 weeks had nothing on this!

You can do it, MM! Let's see those pushups! :flowerforyou:
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    How's everyone doing? I'm doing better I guess. I managed to do week 6 level 2 day 2 today. It was pretty hard for me but I made it through.
    1&2-20
    3&4-23
    5&6-20
    7&8-18
    9-58 (min 53)
    My wrist hurts a little, so we'll see how Friday goes. I should test this weekend or Monday and see how far I can get. I ordered my shirt that says, "I did the hundred" not "I'm doing the hundred". I wanted to get it before Thanksgiving but it may not come till the next week. It's still my goal to finish by the 29th.
    MM
    Oh 3BB, week 3 is intimidating, but you can do it! It doesn't seem as bad as it looks!
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Week 3, Level 3, Day 2

30 (min. 25)
    TOTAL = 105!

I don't like week 3 so much... :noway: I think I'm going to try to finish out this week at level 3, but probably back it down to level 2 for week 4. I'm not getting as down as far as I was in the first 2 weeks b/c I'm focused too much on getting them out. Whew!
  • tresa1234
    Options
    I think I'm going to end up starting next week ... still kinda icky ... definitely better, but not quite there yet.