^ lbs. from goal, those there how did you get to those last

Options
Hi everyone! How's it going????? :bigsmile:
I am 6 lbs. from my goal, while I have A LOT of fitness goals still to reach, I want to get these last few lbs off. Anyone who is at their goal, how did you bust through the last few? I am afraid of a slow down and just not getting there. I have gotten really close before with WW, and other programs but never all the way to goal. Any tips would be great. :wink:

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    If you have less than 15lbs to your goal, your weekly weight loss goal should not be more than 0.5lbs/week. This will ensure that what, or most of what, you lose comes from fat and not muscle. On top of having a much smaller caloric deficit it is good to change up your workout routine every 4-6 weeks to keep your body guessing. Good luck I know you will get there. :happy:
  • sammybey
    sammybey Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I am within 2-6 lbs of my goal weight range and my weight has been coming off SO slowly! About 1/2 a lb in the past 2-3 weeks is all :( - and I'm set at 1/2 lb per week, eat most of my exercise calories back, drink tons of water, do more strength training vs. cardio.

I would also like some tips! I'm trying calorie cycling right now to try to get at least the last 2 lbs gone.
  • Charrisse
    Charrisse Posts: 163
    Options
    Im 8 lbs from goal and moving slow too.. part of my problem is I jacked up my back and havnt been working out like I should be (Im resting on an ice pack as I type!) but we'll get there Sos - just keep on keepin on! You look fabulous :)
  • thecanface
    thecanface Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    i wana know too!! i am 4 - 6 lbs away from my goal too!!
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Am about 10lbs away and changed my loss to 1/2 lb a week, hasn't been 2 weeks yet, but gained back a pound. sigh.