Replies

• c21scott
    c21scott Posts: 1
    Options
    no, once a week saturday.
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Yes, even now, I weigh in every morning. This has helped me to stay on track and to also keep my weight gain in check throughout this pregnancy. I post whether it goes up or down.
  • aagreene
    aagreene Posts: 8
    Options
    You really shouldn't. I know a lot of people that do not weight themselves at all, but I do 1 time a week to see how I am progressing, but everyday will make you crazy. I think 1 day a week makes me crazy. I think I am going to start doing it once every 2 weeks! Please don't weight yourself every week. You will drive yourself crazy!
  • skinnyme125
    skinnyme125 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every day once in the morning and then again at night. I only log my weight on Fridays. This is just so I know where i am as far as fluid retention. I have some health issues that i find doing this is helpful.
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Yes and I update everyday too. If you do it this way you have to be aware your weight may go up or down daily though.
  • Angie80281
    Angie80281 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I do, just out of curiousity. If it's lower than my last check-in, I log it. I wouldn't recommend it if you're obsessing over it or if you're going to freak out over small gains. There are lots of fluctuations that occur during the week and even during the day, so you can expect to see highler numbers sometimes. I was 4 pounds heavier when I went to bed last night than I was when I got up this morning.
  • TNAJackson
    TNAJackson Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I can't weigh every day because I get discouraged. I try to weigh once a week (when I feel lightest), sometimes twice if I get curious.

And people say to weigh 1st thing in the morning because that will be your lowest for the day... I've found this to be untrue for me. I weigh my lightest around 5 in the evening! Don't know why, but I don't question it... :smile:
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Yes, but only record it once per week. Weigh at the same time, morning preferably when your weight is most accurate (during the day it fluctuates with water/food consumption).

Hope this helps!:happy:

Me too....a lil obsessive but makes me feel better...unless of course, it is up!:(
  • hitxgirl
    hitxgirl Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    NO WAY! I am the type that needs to see results. If I got on the scale everyday I think I would stress out. I will admit I get on a couple (2-3) times a week at the same time of day (shortly after I wake in the morning). However, I only log my weight and measurements once a week. Wednesday mornings! And I log honestly. If I go up or down, I log it! I use it as motivation! right now, the measurments are winning! :flowerforyou:
  • feliciapeters
    Options
    I have an official "weigh day" that I log, but I check every morning, just to see if anything I ate that I shouldnt has affected my weight.

For example, if I indulge in Chinese or go alot over my sodium, I seem to retain water for about 3 days, even if I increase my water intake.

I use it as a tool to make sure I stay on track. a few ounces to up to 1 1/2lb fluctuation for me seems to be about the norm. I only use my weight day weight to log
  • tiffanymariebrock
    Options
    I try not to but I'm happy I'm not the only one doing it. i heared it was bad to do that but I can't help it! lol
  • K1Teacher
    K1Teacher Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Yes, I weigh daily and post when the loss is 1 lb or greater than my previous post. Usually a couple times per week.
  • Anathema13
    Options
    <~ I do. I post both gains and losses on MFP to keep me accountable. Like many others on here, if I don't I start gaining. If I keep on the scale every day I keep going down.
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning but only log losses. I have a weight range. Right now it's 120-123. It can even jump as high as 128 but it's rare these days.
  • FatUncleRob
    FatUncleRob Posts: 341
    Options
    I do weigh myself every morning and I normally record it in MFP too.

If you do a daily weigh-in, you need to be able to take the rough with the smooth (for example I gained 4 pounds on Saturday - but it's gone again already).

For me it's just a matter of routine. If I do it every day I'm less likely to forget. :wink:
  • angtodaycounts
    angtodaycounts Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday but I only post an update once a week. It keeps me focused.
  • jamiemh
    jamiemh Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Most definitely I weight myself everyday! It helps me keep on track. :)
  • jpanderson9
    jpanderson9 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm in the habit of weighing myself in the mornings and again at night some times. I usually only log it once a day though.
  • blackpearlgrl
    blackpearlgrl Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Yes I do. I weigh in on Fridays to post my weekly weight measurement. During the week I just check to see how I am doing. So I get on the scale first thing when I wake up.
  • tiarra77
    tiarra77 Posts: 39
    Options
    no, once a week saturday.

I WITH YOU -- ONLY ONCE A WEEK FOR ME, MAYBE TWICE......I GOTTA LONG WAY TO GO SO I WANNA SEE RESULTS EACH AND EVERY TIME TO STAY MOTIVATED....EVEN .7 LBS OR 1.3 LBS A WEEK ARE MOTIVATORS!