NEVER in my life!!!!

Options
memaw66
memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
This is definately a first for me! Never in my life have I eaten an entire salad w/out putting ANY dressing on it!! Well today, I just felt like having real food for lunch, so I went to Sonic, ordered a GRILLED Chicken Santa Fe Salad w/light dressing. But guess what, I didn't even use the dressing and the best part...............it actually tasted GOOD!!!!! I didn't think that was possible. I told my boss and she said "See, that is the first step to the new you!" Wow, that felt great. Now I know I can do it.

Whoo hooo, now if I could only make myself get on that treadmill everyday!!!!

Memaw

Replies

• memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    This is definately a first for me! Never in my life have I eaten an entire salad w/out putting ANY dressing on it!! Well today, I just felt like having real food for lunch, so I went to Sonic, ordered a GRILLED Chicken Santa Fe Salad w/light dressing. But guess what, I didn't even use the dressing and the best part...............it actually tasted GOOD!!!!! I didn't think that was possible. I told my boss and she said "See, that is the first step to the new you!" Wow, that felt great. Now I know I can do it.

Memaw
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!! :drinker:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    It is a major change-- good for you. Who knew "salad" actually tasted so good, eh? I've grown to love the taste of the lettuce all by it's lonesome, too-- congratulations!!!!
  • bonnykate
    Options
    good job! i still can't face a salad without dressing of some sort :tongue: .

as to the treadmill, i've been making myself go to the gym four days a week - and sometimes it's a HUGE pain in the butt - but so far, i've been good and done it. just tell yourself that you HAVE to do it, as if it's part of your job or something - i find that really helps get me out of my house and to the gym. once i'm there, it's a lot easier to climb on the elliptical trainer - plus, i have an excuse to watch tv! :smile:

keep it up, and good luck!
  • ebonyeyes26
    Options
    GOOD JOB!!!
  • mbb8682
    mbb8682 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time not eating salad without dressing.

But lately I just sqeeze lemon or lime juice just to give it some flavor and it taste really good.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options

Memaw

No dressing?:noway:
    YOU ARE CRAZY!!!:tongue:
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options

did you get mentioned for that comment about never eating a taco with sour cream on it or something?
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options
    _John_ wrote: »

did you get mentioned for that comment about never eating a taco with sour cream on it or something?

No, ding dong has decided I need to be randomly and excessively tagged for doing the same to her.

I'm pro tagging of ding dongs...so proceed...