Trying an experiment

Options
We (women) all seem to have been given 1200 calories a day- this is not working for me. I think I am in "starvation mode". I have not lost anything in 3 weeks. I have worked out- ate what I should have..etc. It aggervating to the point it has brought me to tears. So for the next two weeks I am going to increase my calories to about 1600-1700.

Wish me luck because something has to happen... I am so discouraged.

Replies

• Roukie
    Roukie Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'd like to see how this works for you, i haven't seen any change in about a month and it's the same thing, i'm eating well, exercising 6 days a week and eating back most of my workout calories. It's very frustrating!

Good luck, i'll be watching for updates!.
  • MelHoneyRocks
    Options
    I am not sure why so many people are getting the 1200 calorie intake. Mine is at 1560...so really not sure. Seems a lot of people's are set at 1200. Honestly seems very low to me.
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    i bet that works for you...i did for me.

I just changed my settings to lose 1 lb/week rather than 2 lbs/week and i get 1370 calories + exercise each day. I'm not hungry anymore and the weight is coming off. Almost instantly it started coming off actually, but now its slowed a bit (i'm under a LOT of stress though)

Good luck!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    I am curious to see the outcome. I wish you luck, hun. I know how frustrating this can be when you are doing all the right things but not seeing results
  • a_stronger_steph
    a_stronger_steph Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Out of curiousity, what did you set your goals to be? 0.5, 1, 1.5, or 2 lb per week?

When I first signed up, I said, "2 lb per week?! HECK YES SIGN ME UP!" ...and was given 1200 calories. I looked at that, my eyes bugged out, and I said, "forget that!" Went to 1 lb/week and it was more reasonable... but I still bumped it up a little higher than what was allotted. I'm at around 1430 right now, and have been losing > 1 lb/week, so I could probably bump it up a bit if I wanted.

Anyways, good luck, let us know how the increase goes!!
  • sntfrmabv
    Options
    You can go into your goals and manually change them. My calorie goals are at 1200 but they change day to day because of my excersize. So far since I have started using this site and documenting everything, I broke thru my platuea and lost 8 more lbs. The scale didn't move for over a month and a half before. It's very frustrating, just keep up with it and dont get discouraged. Eventually your body will catch up and the weight will come off. Good luck!
  • craftylatvian
    craftylatvian Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Tagging for later
  • lisastrom
    lisastrom Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    When I started this program I weighed 190 lbs.. Using a goal of 1 lb. per wk. weight loss (which is supposedly the best and most realistic) I was initially set at 1400-1500 calories per day, plus any extra I earned from exercise. I had no problem losing. I didn't plateau until I had lost 10 lbs. and it asked if I wanted to change my settings. I'm now doing much better since adjusting.

I would check your goals as previously suggested and make sure you're not set to lose more than 1 lb. per week. Good luck and don't give up!
  • jenbk2
    jenbk2 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    The experiment worked !!! I am down 4 lbs this week !! Why didn't I try this earlier !