Would You be interested in Swapping Clothes?

Options
So as the pounds drop, and my pants are sagging in the booty, and shirts that weren't off shoulder now are....

I was thinking, and thinking.....

Wouldn't it be cool if we could all help each other out a little. All of us are different sizes, and at different starting weights. So Person X 's fat clothes may be "skinny in progress" clothes for me. I know that I personally have about 10 or so items to go ahead and let go of. While I generally donate things to Goodwill, I know that for me being able to wear stuff that fits (not too many of my items currently fit-- mind you, I'm trying to make the current clothes last as long as possible!) and not be swimming in my clothes is motivation in and of itself. Therefore I thought I would put it out there, and see if I get any interest back.

Comments/Recommendations welcome :)

Replies

• Kwilliams75
    Kwilliams75 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    http://greatclothingexchange.com/

You can try this site I have never used it! Also I have another lady that I am friends with that kinda of makes listing on her feeds of clothes that she is looking to get rid of!
  • loseit4ever
    loseit4ever Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking about this today! I have some clothes that I wore when I was working that will no longer fit, so I was wondering if there would be anyone interested in having them. Interested to see what your responses are to this.
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    I totally agree that would be awesome. The only think is who would pay for the shipping. It would cost a lot of money to send all my 20s to across the country. I wouls consider strink ing a deal though or paying for shipping for soemone to send me a load of 16s.
  • Stagezz
    Stagezz Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about this too....Not an entire wardrobe...but who doesn't like a new pair of jeans! Take a pair you can't hold up anymore and pass them on to a friend!
  • angievaughn
    angievaughn Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    http://greatclothingexchange.com/

I went to check out this website...sounds like they have a great idea....just not many clothes on there!!!
  • spcopps
    spcopps Posts: 283
    Options
    I have seen this subject come up so many times and even responded to 1 of the others...seems like these always get lost. Since demand is so high for a clothing swap wondering why Tech won't put a section on here for "clothing swaps" SMDH..
  • xerinx2011
    xerinx2011 Posts: 222
    Options
    Thats a fab idea!

But as im in uk shipping would be extortianate!!
  • spcopps
    Options
    I just put it into the tech department as a suggestion so if interested please go and comment on the topic (new topic is the name). As for UK shipping there are people on here from all over the world so if we listed where we were located we could search the clothing swap board (if one is made) and see where the "clothes" are located. Just an idea...
  • Purple_Orchid_87
    Purple_Orchid_87 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Thats a fab idea!

But as im in uk shipping would be extortianate!!
    Perhaps there would need to be one for the States, and one for the UK
  • mrssavvysteve
    mrssavvysteve Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Fuhrmeister--- I thought about the shipping,and I have to kinda agree that it would be upon the recipient to pay. Like someone else said, it would be way cheap to pay for shipping rather than buying new! :)

Flat rate boxes with the post office would also come in handy...

Let me know about some of those 20's you have :)
  • mrssavvysteve
    mrssavvysteve Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    SPCopps-- I am still sorta new to the MFP, well today is my 110th day. So that's for taking the lead on submitting the idea to tech..

I agree we could do a listing something like this:

Clothing item:
    Color:
    Pictures?:
    Type of clothing (dressy, casual, workout):

Any other categories anyone can come up with?
  • dustylcsmith
    dustylcsmith Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am definatly interested in this! I have 4 military footlockers of clothing I would love to swap! I have everything from 22-28... Lane Bryant Store, Old Navy Plus, Avenue, Torrid, Maurices, Dressbarn.

Dusty
  • spcopps
    Options
    Here is the link where I submitted it as an idea. If you are serious PLEASE go here and express your interest and any ideas that could be applied to the section. If MFP sees enough interest maybe they will consider making it a part of the board..

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/221277-new-topic