Five foods you should never eat....

Options
Has anyone else seen the ads that say "Click here to see the five foods you should never eat to have a trim tummy"? I know they are just trying to sell something so I never click, but my curiosity is getting the best of me! What are the five foods? (There is always a picture of a banana, but I LOVE bananas!)

Replies

• Sadie98072
    Sadie98072 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Ive seen those ads and Ive never clicked because its a crock of ****. There are no foods that we should NEVER eat. Thats just setting ourselves up for failure.
  • cng1117
    cng1117 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I don't know but every time I see them I have a sudden hankering for a banana....
  • SunLove8
    SunLove8 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I was curious too for awhile until they recently stuck the banana up there and I thought it was ridiculous.
  • jellybaby84
    jellybaby84 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    No idea but, at a best guess:

Deep fried Mars Bars

McDonalds Big Mac and Large Fries

Ice Cream Sandwiches

Onion Bhajis (sp?)

Fried Bread
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I would not click on those, however, I would go with

1.) Lard
    and
    2.) Bacon Grease
    and
    3.) Butter with a spoon
    ... just for starters.

Who's got more?? Lol.
  • skeele
    skeele Posts: 72
    Options
    I think anything is fine.... just as long as it is in moderation.
  • cng1117
    cng1117 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    you know, they probably put the banana on it because they knew people would be like "What? Bananas???" and then click on it to see if bananas were on the list.
  • Deberlin88
    Deberlin88 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I was bummed about the whole banana thing too b/c I love bananas. LOL I haven't clicked on the ad either, though. The only reason I can think of that a banana wouldn't be "healthy," is because it's higher on the glycemic index (if you follow that). Generally, you're supposed to eat things lower on the GI.
  • Cmuchoa
    Cmuchoa Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I clicked and thought it was well worth it - no, they don't say anything about not eating bananas. It is more about cutting back on sugar, bad carbs, bad fats and processed foods. It takes about 15 mins to listen to the whole thing. Yes at the end is something to purchase but after the very informative details given there really isn't any need to purchase. I highly recommend checking it out.
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    i dont know either, but mick, you made me laugh so hard:laugh:
  • sdgirl22
    sdgirl22 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    No more butter with a spoon :sad: LOL!

I would say french fries - has anybody else seen the warnings on McDonald's nutrition charts that say fried potatoes have some sort of carcenagenic (sp?) chemical??? how weird is that?

The fried batter droppings that come as a garnish at long john silver's. Fried coke from the state fair as well. BLEH!
  • HelenTheKitchen
    Options
    I too am a fan of the idea that nothing is off limits, there are just foods that you should definitely limit.

Although, you probably shouldn't eat random berries and mushrooms that you find in the woods.
  • BabyDuchess
    BabyDuchess Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    No idea but, at a best guess:

Deep fried Mars Bars

McDonalds Big Mac and Large Fries

Ice Cream Sandwiches

Onion Bhajis (sp?)

Fried Bread
    :laugh:
  • maddiex_x
    maddiex_x Posts: 43
    Options
    Omg i just read something about wendy's new fresh cut fries. They also put a chemical in their fries. I'm at work on an annoyingly slow computer so I can't look it up right now. But I think all fast food restaurants do thats. They also put something in the oil so that it doesn't get foamy from all the fries they cook in it. I'm officially off of fast food :sick:
  • darconnor
    darconnor Posts: 49
    Options
    I clicked and thought it was well worth it - no, they don't say anything about not eating bananas. It is more about cutting back on sugar, bad carbs, bad fats and processed foods. It takes about 15 mins to listen to the whole thing. Yes at the end is something to purchase but after the very informative details given there really isn't any need to purchase. I highly recommend checking it out.

I clicked, too. Like it says above, they DO want to sell something (an eating plan), but there is quite a bit of free information, too, in the form of a little video. They pretty much are warning you about high glycemic food like also mentioned above. It was informative. Don't be afraid to click. I did it about two weeks ago and haven't been spammed or anything. There are things talked about that I already knew, but a couple of things I can add to my lifestyle arsenal.
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    Yellow snow is my guess. I almost never eat it. LOL
  • theseus82
    theseus82 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    1) Draino
    2) Rock salt
    3) lead paint
    4) Asbestos
    5) Special K water mix-in

OK, I cheated, some of those are liquids. :sick:
  • ButterflyKristen
    ButterflyKristen Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Yellow snow is my guess. I almost never eat it. LOL

Ha! "Almost never" ??????
  • farmgirlsuz
    farmgirlsuz Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    It's nice to know everyone has such a great sense of humor! And thanks for those of you who were brave enough to click for the rest of us and sharing the information!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    1. Fecal matter
    2. Human flesh*
    3. Plastic fruit
    4. Toenails, not even your own
    5. A salad, after Jagermeister

* Unless you're in a Donner Party type situation.