2 Weeks till Turkey Day!!

Options

Replies

• 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options

Avoiding family will save you some alcohol calories too. :laugh:

I've been pregnant or breastfeeding for Thanksgiving since 2004, including this year so that hasn't been a "problem." :grumble: My mom always taunts me with her cocktails & says, "I'm having fun...are you?" LOL And my dad has decided that margaritas are a holiday staple. Forget the egg nog at Christmas, I have Juervo Gold! :laugh: Easter, though, I will have to save a lot of calories for that!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options

So what is the difference between stuffing & dressing??? :embarassed: :huh:

:laugh:
    Dressing is cooked outside of the turkey, stuffing is cooked inside the turkey.

Makes sense. :embarassed: :bigsmile:
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    I'm actually cooking this year so I can make a few things healthy but honestly I'm gonna just eat what I want. For one reason It's my favorite holiday and my birthday usually falls on thanksgiving. This year it's before but I'm still going to celebrate:drinker: I'm going to try to make my own biscuits:tongue:

-Adrienne:heart:
  • Shannon023
    Options
    I'm actually cooking this year so I can make a few things healthy but honestly I'm gonna just eat what I want. For one reason It's my favorite holiday and my birthday usually falls on thanksgiving. This year it's before but I'm still going to celebrate:drinker: I'm going to try to make my own biscuits:tongue:

See if Soupy will lend you her butter churn. :laugh:
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options

It tastes better stuffed in a turkey carcass.:angry:
  • SoupNazi
    Options

For Adrienne, I will.:blushing:
  • Shannon023
    Options

What doesn't???? :love:
  • SoupNazi
    Options

What doesn't???? :love:

Giblets.:sick:
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options

For Adrienne, I will.:blushing:

Thanks soupy:flowerforyou:

I heard Max's giblets aren't very good either:laugh:

• Shannon023
    Options

Thanks soupy:flowerforyou:

I heard Max's giblets aren't very good either:laugh:

There's just something about the word "giblets". th_yuk.gif
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try not to go overboard this year but I'm not restricting anything. My favorites are Turkey breast..stuffing...mashed potatoes...stuffing...peanut butter pie...stuffing....potato salad...and did I mention STUFFING? :bigsmile: Oh....and I better not forget the ROLLS! This pic is for you, Tam...
    Hotrolls.jpg
    Mmmm rolls! My precious!!!!! :love: :laugh:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I will probably do what I did last year. Not be super careful but not stuff myself to the brim either.

I will have a little of everything and enjoy!! :love: :happy:

Especially the stuffing, gravy and ROLLS!!!! :love: :love: :love: :love:
  • PurdyMommy
    PurdyMommy Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I am going home for thanksgiving and I am from the south. So you know there is nothing healthy on the menu.:frown:

All kinds of salt, fat, grease, sugar.... it will all be there. I guess I could go for a run but I will have wear my blaze orange since it is hunting season.
    Thats so funny... Im from Ga Where down south you from?

So anyways I been slackin since July/August and I DONT DESERVE GOOD FOOD ON THANKGIVING OR CHRISTMAS. I will eat some turkey and veggies and small portions of a few things and NO ROLLS, NO CAKE. One small slice of Pumpkin pie only! I PROMISE I WILL BE GOOD!

I even have a family lunch next week at my nanas sooo NO CHEATIN THERE NEITHER! I DONT DESERVE IT! I know My nana will make her SPECIAL BANANA PUDDING TOO... YUMMY! But none for me!
  • WillPillageYourVillageForFood
    Options
    Two words.....Fried Turkey. That is all.
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try not to go overboard this year but I'm not restricting anything. My favorites are Turkey breast..stuffing...mashed potatoes...stuffing...peanut butter pie...stuffing....potato salad...and did I mention STUFFING? :bigsmile: Oh....and I better not forget the ROLLS! This pic is for you, Tam...
    Hotrolls.jpg
    Mmmm rolls! My precious!!!!! :love: :laugh:

Tam, for some reason that response made me actually laugh out loud.........:laugh: :laugh: I have that creature from Lord of the Rings in my head...
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    I will probably do what I did last year. Not be super careful but not stuff myself to the brim either.

I will have a little of everything and enjoy!! :love: :happy:

Especially the stuffing, gravy and ROLLS!!!! :love: :love: :love: :love:

Ditto! I'm gonna eat, but not be a stuffed piggy this year.

Thanksgiving only comes once a year ( thank goodness) It ain't gonna kill me.
  • marskids
    marskids Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I will make good choices and wise decisions............NOT.:bigsmile:

Thanksgiving is actually my favorite holiday and my sons birthday falls on it this year so there is even more room to celebrate.:drinker:

My favorite food, hands down, and it wouldn't be turkey day without it is stuffing. Not to be confused with dressing. Actual stuffing and mounds of it.

Our favorite tradition is to all dress up as pilgrims and Indians and churn butter......just kidding....we don't really have any traditions carved in stone other than eat too much, enjoy and be thankful for each other and watch football.

Cranberry sauce, here I come.:bigsmile:

Oh come on Soupy, I can totally see you all dressed up as such. :tongue: I'm with you on the stuffing. YUM YUM!!!...and although some people (ok most people:grumble: ) think it's gross, my favourite part is the turkey neck......yes I'm serious and yes, it is delish!!!:happy:
  • alimassa
    alimassa Posts: 275
    Options
    We are taking our older 2 kids to Disneyworld over Thanksgiving....so not only will I miss the "big meal" I will be spending 5 days walking my butt off around the park. Both of those things are going to equal me eating pretty much whatever I want and hoping I dont yack it up after the big rides! :laugh: :laugh:

EAT SOME TURKEY AND ROLLS AND MASHED POTATOES FOR ME! I will be having a $15 hotdog...

Ali
  • SoupNazi
    Options
    I will make good choices and wise decisions............NOT.:bigsmile:

Thanksgiving is actually my favorite holiday and my sons birthday falls on it this year so there is even more room to celebrate.:drinker:

My favorite food, hands down, and it wouldn't be turkey day without it is stuffing. Not to be confused with dressing. Actual stuffing and mounds of it.

Our favorite tradition is to all dress up as pilgrims and Indians and churn butter......just kidding....we don't really have any traditions carved in stone other than eat too much, enjoy and be thankful for each other and watch football.

Cranberry sauce, here I come.:bigsmile:

Oh come on Soupy, I can totally see you all dressed up as such. :tongue: I'm with you on the stuffing. YUM YUM!!!...and although some people (ok most people:grumble: ) think it's gross, my favourite part is the turkey neck......yes I'm serious and yes, it is delish!!!:happy:

:laugh: :laugh:

I can just picture the scenerio in "A Christmas Story" where they chop the goose neck off because it's "smiling at them.":laugh:
  • samster85
    Options
    What isnt' there to like?

I like dark meat turkey, cherry pie, stuffing, pumpkin pie, green bean casserole(sp), peanut butter pie, mashed potatoes and rolls

PS> How do you post pictures in replies?