Starting my weight loss journey

Options
Hey Everyone!

I'm on day 7 of my new lifestyle and I'm absolutely loving this website! I am doing a ketogenic (think: atkins) diet and after the initial carb and sugar withdrawals i'm feeling fabulous!

I would love to make some new friends on here so we can help support and encourage each other. :)

Replies

• idahogirl71
    idahogirl71 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I am currently on the hcg diet (also no sugar low carb). I love it and am bummed that I have to take a 3 week break from it here soon.

Congtats on your loss so far and best wishes on your journey. Feel free to add me if you would like too :).
  • WendyMargot
    Options
    Hey Girl,

I am fairly new to all this stuff too, so you're definitely not the only one. Congrats on your first step and first couple lbs lost.

If you ever get tired of the ketogenic diet (which I've heard can get old pretty quick for some people) try getting the "Comfort Food Diet" cookbooks. My husband and I are having most of our meals out of these cookbooks and I've lost about 4 lbs in the last 5 days, and he's lost 10! The food is fabulous. It's basically just low fat versions of everyday recipes like egg salad, pancakes, desserts, meatloaf, etc. Super healthy for you and very satisfying for your tastebuds.

What kind of exercise stuff are you doing, or thinking about doing?

I do lots of Wii Fit and EA Sports Active stuff myself.

Anyways, congrats and good luck on the rest of your weight loss journey,

~ Wendy
  • monosyllabic_girl
    Options
    Thank you so much!! I sent you a friend request :) We can never have too much support when trying to change our way of life! Is taking a 3 week break part of the hcg diet?

Congrats on your weight loss so far as well 46lbs is truly impressive!!
  • BrandyH20
    BrandyH20 Posts: 63
    Options
    welcome. I started with mfp Friday. I have found it very helpful. I lost 75 lbs last year and i stopped trying to loose more until I was told about this site. Now I am back at it.
  • jessers26
    jessers26 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm also new. Feel free to add me!!
  • monosyllabic_girl
    Options
    Hey Wendy!

Thanks for the kind words and advice! I'm really hoping I can stick with the keto diet but it's definitely a good idea to have a back up plan if I need a break! I will check out the cookbook for sure. Congrats on losing 4lbs in just 5 days that is amazing!!

So far I haven't started exercising because I wanted to be set on my diet first, i'm probably going to be using the wii fit and my elliptical a lot. I've been thinking about the couch to 5 k program once I lose about 20 more pounds so I don't injure my knees. I've found that if I download an audio book it makes the elliptical much more bearable lol
  • downby15
    downby15 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking about starting keto soon. I have been on mfp for a little more than a month. I started a slow carb diet about 3 weeks ago. I've decided I don't like eating beans all the time, so I'm thinking about switching over to keto. Overall, I've lost almost 10 lbs. I'd love to have some keto buddies, so feel free to add me. :)
  • SMGdown30
    Options
    Hi,
    I had a baby 4 months ago, but can't seem to lose 30 pounds. I need some SUPPORT! That is why I joined.
  • SMGdown30
    Options
    Hi,
    What is a carb diet?
  • joannbuist23
    joannbuist23 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too. I've been on here about 2 weeks and have found it extreamly helpful!