Hello!!

AlisonTodd
AlisonTodd Posts: 3
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Hi! I just joined. I'm pretty excited. I am not really trying to lose a lot of weight. I really just want to get healthy. I just got married a few months ago, and my husband eats totally unhealthy. I knew this going into the marriage, and I had a plan to still eat healthy. But I just do not have time to eat my own healthy meal when he wants something else. Plus, it is so tempting to eat his food!!

Replies

• Hi! I just joined. I'm pretty excited. I am not really trying to lose a lot of weight. I really just want to get healthy. I just got married a few months ago, and my husband eats totally unhealthy. I knew this going into the marriage, and I had a plan to still eat healthy. But I just do not have time to eat my own healthy meal when he wants something else. Plus, it is so tempting to eat his food!!
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Welcome to MFP Alison!

As a newlywed, it's going to be somewhat difficult getting into your new lifestyle with your new hubby who isn't. Stick to your guns sista. My hubby doesn't like healthy food either but I cook healthy for him all the time and he doesn't even know the difference.:bigsmile:

Good luck to you.:flowerforyou:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Good luck! That's a hard situation to deal with. I hope you find MFP useful! There's a LOT of great recipes that are so tasty, but still very healthy. Check out Tam's Meatloaf Muffins. They were a hit with my boys! :flowerforyou:
  • I'm in the same boat, kinda.. my bf and I moved in together a year and a half ago. I used to be at the gym all the time (hey, I was bored at home alone), and now I don't have time to go, I've changed jobs and the hours are nuts. Also, like your husband, he is not a healthy eater. But, I think I have him working on it, his cholesterol reading just came back, and it's a bit high. So, healthy food it is!
  • Kateeliz
    Kateeliz Posts: 147 Member
    Hey! I just joined this site too! Our goals are a little different (I need to lose some major weight) But we have the same husband issues :laugh: I fell into my husband's unhealthy trap, and gained a ton of weight over the past couple of years, and of course he doesn't gain a pound. So I learned my lesson, and I am changing my lifestyle, he can eat junk if he wants, I just can't!!

Good luck, and this site will really help, I am new, and I can tell from everyone else's results and enthusiasm, that this will work!! :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.