??Confused??

Options
LizaMena
LizaMena Posts: 47 Member
Hello,

My name is Liza and I have actually been on here for a while now, but never really used it until January of this year. I have been doing great and feeling really good since I have been taking care of myself! It's a great feeling!

The thing I am confused about is that I started weighing 250 lbs and now the scale says I weigh 234! 16lbs lost! But I just don't notice it and nobody else does! Is my scale broken or does it just take a while for people or myself to start noticing?? Last time I went shopping I was able to buy 1X shirts instead of 2X, but I don't know if it's just the type or style of the shirt!

I also have trouble eating my exercise calories! I try to eat well all day and I think I do a good job! Any advice?? Oh and what advice can I get on the vitamin waters??

I need motivation so please feel free to add me as a friend!!

Replies

• myowncrazycool
    myowncrazycool Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    It does take awhile for people to notice. When I started losing weight I was 208 lbs. I don't think people started to notice until I was down like 30 lbs. It was frustrating, but what helped me were two things. One, my clothes started fitting differently and two, I took pictures of myself in the same outfit in front of the same wall (front, sideways, and behind) with a timer camera and looked at the progress I was making. You will notice the difference before other people do, and it will keep you motivated. Good luck!
  • Walt75
    Walt75 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Some say you shouldn't eat your exercise calories that you should add it to your deficet. IDK
  • alienblonde1
    alienblonde1 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    As far as you calories all you really should eat is so your net for the day is 1200 or higher. Otherwise its up to you if you eat any of the other calories back.

No one noticed my loss yet either and I am not telling too many what I am doing. I am looking for the day when I get first compliment from someone who doesn't know.
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    I started in the 190's. I'm down 20 lbs and people I haven't seen in a while have noticed. My family only noticed after my millionth complaint about my pants being too big. (I have to fish for compliments!) if I wear my old larger shirts i don't really look like I've lost anything. I feel better though so that's what counts. (cuz I'm not getting enough compliments to count!)
  • Cristy_AZ
    Cristy_AZ Posts: 986
    Options
    I'm no expert, but I think everyone loses weight differently and shows it differently. It's a good idea to take your measurements so you can see the inches lost too. But, no I'm sure the scale is right!! People noticed the first few pounds I lost (cause it was my double chin and neck) and then not so much for about 20 pounds, and then all the sudden people were saying OMG you've lost SO much weight... when I had actually been losing it steady for a few months not all at once like they thought. Now I haven 't lost any for a while and people are commenting on how I look in certain clothes, etc., All the changes will happen in different stages. Just be patient and keep at it! Oh and on eating your calories back, do the best you can. If you are coming in way under try adding calorie dense protein rich foods like nuts or seeds. What advice about vitamin water? Just stay away from artificial sweeteners and flavors. I drink them when I'm out and about and don't see regular water, but mostly just drink plain or carbonated water. Hope that helps... oh, and I added you!!
  • maurapie
    maurapie Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi Liza! The same thing happened to my husband- he said the scale told him he lost 18 pounds, and he doesn't look much different. Everyone is different, and the important thing is how you feel, not what the numbers say :)

Eat what you can so you can fuel your body for your workouts, but I don't think you should stuff yourself if you still have more calories remaining in your "budget"

And are you talking about Vitamin Water, or water with vitamins, like a recovery drink or something? I have heard that despite the name, Vitamin Water isn't all that great for you.
  • amberlinajo
    amberlinajo Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I started at 305 and am now down to 287. I just went to a baby shower with all my prevoius coworkers - whom I haven't seen for 8 months or so? No one noticed, but honestly, I don't notice either. Keeping your measurements is a great tool because its motivational to see numbers go down.

We can both keep working at it, and before we know it everyone will comment! :)
  • k2d4p
    k2d4p Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I think it is difficult to look at yourself and really see what other people see. I have lost a bit and I wear a size 6 and I still see places on my body that need to be improved. My husband thinks I am nuts. Also, it took about 50lbs before other people started to say anything to me about me looking any different.
  • LizaMena
    LizaMena Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for the responses!! Patience is the Key huh.....I'm just so excited that I want everyone to notice!! New me here I come! And thank you for the adds :smile:
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    I started in the 190's. I'm down 20 lbs and people I haven't seen in a while have noticed. My family only noticed after my millionth complaint about my pants being too big. (I have to fish for compliments!) if I wear my old larger shirts i don't really look like I've lost anything. I feel better though so that's what counts. (cuz I'm not getting enough compliments to count!)