Who DOESN'Teat their exercise calories back?

Options
I usually eat all of mine back but was wondering who doesn't and what your results are?

Replies

• liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    I eat about half of my calories from exercise. I find it counter productive to eat all of the calories that I burn from exercise.
  • ronchap
    ronchap Posts: 60
    Options
    I don't and I think I've done okay
  • atrayubrandy
    atrayubrandy Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I try to eat 1,200 calories every day. From there, I determine if my body feels like it needs more calories. If I'm hungry or if I have bad cravings, I'll eat my exercise calories back. Otherwise, I won't.
  • rache12581
    Options
    I notice when I don't eat them back I tend not to lose any weight that week I don't usually eat them ALL back but a pretty good portion of it though
  • luppic8
    luppic8 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I never eat them because by then I am not hungry. I think that is why I've been able to lose weight this quickly!
  • quansc
    quansc Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I don't. My only rule is to eat at least 1200 calories per day. It seems to be working so far.
  • Girlypeekaboo
    Options
    I haven't really ate any of them back yet, if I do its only like 100-200 of them (I'm on my 3rd week) I'm so proud that I've been 100% n haven't fallen off this time :) *high five*
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    I never eat them back and I am losing at a rate of 5 lbs/week, I had about 150 to lose now just 80 to lose.
  • Hanna82
    Hanna82 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I try to eat 1,200 calories every day. From there, I determine if my body feels like it needs more calories. If I'm hungry or if I have bad cravings, I'll eat my exercise calories back. Otherwise, I won't.

Samesies
  • leahmolidor
    Options
    It depends on the day. I used to eat all of my workout calories back but I've started trying not to. Some days I'll eat some of them, some days none and some days all. I am hoping that not eating all of them helps speed up my weight loss. It seems to be helping speed it up at least a little bit.
  • ladybb7
    ladybb7 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies... I think I will star experimenting with this...
  • dailyorange
    dailyorange Posts: 128
    Options
    I use to not eat my exercise calories back, but then I figured if I would try eating some of them back and it's been effective. I don't eat them all back, only about half or sometimes more since I'm never really sure how accurate my calories burned are. Everyone's different and has their own opinions, if you feel like you need to eat more try experimenting for a week. If you aren't happy with the results you can try another method. It's all trial and error and everyone is going to have different results.
  • jen2bhottie
    jen2bhottie Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm not 100% whether we're suppose to or not, I've been trying because I wasn't losing weight when i didn't. I think it depends on how many calories you're eating in the first place. The general consensus seems to be as long as your net calories remain at 1200 or above, you're good. If you're exercising a lot, you're probably going to want to raise your calorie goals.
  • SuzetteMerashino
    Options
    I don't make a point of eating them but I exercise enough so I can eat if I do feel hungry and not worry about going too far over my calorie intake! It hasn't affected me too much one way or the other.
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    I ALWAYS consume all my net calories (aka: eat them back). 33 lbs. down since Jan. 1st. AND my metabolism is still going strong. I lost 3.4 lbs. last week. I think it's a good practice to use the rule of thumb model: 10 calories per pound.

So, if you want to weigh 120, net 1200.
    If you want to weigh 98, net 980.
    If you want to weigh 212, net 2120.

Etc.

The 1200 minimum does not apply to people who are very short.

Ultimately, listen to your body. What works for me may not work for you. :)
  • UneJolieFemme
    UneJolieFemme Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I sometimes do and I sometimes don't depending on what I ate during the day... I mostly don't eat them back. It has worked great for me so far !
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I never eat them back and I am losing at a rate of 5 lbs/week, I had about 150 to lose now just 80 to lose.

I also don't eat them back, and I'm losing about 5/week.
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    sometimes i do, and sometimes i don't. depends on how hungry i am. i don't eal all back though. just a little bit.
  • jolarocknrolla
    jolarocknrolla Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    nope, not yet. i make sure to get enough protien, but otherwise it just seems counter-productive. When i stop losing weight i'll up my calories but for now what i'm doing is working just fine - i'm losing a bout 1 pound a week.
  • BonitaAppleBomb87
    Options
    I don't, I eat about 1200-1300 calories a day, and I've lost a lot of weight