GOOD OR BAD???

Options
If i eat healthy food throughout the day is it bad to eat some junk food too, as long as i stay within my calorie limit?? I'm trying really hard to eat healthy but its hard to stop eating junk alltogether when i was use to eating it whenever before i started dieting.

Replies

• raidersgirl
    Options
    If i eat healthy food throughout the day is it bad to eat some junk food too, as long as i stay within my calorie limit?? I'm trying really hard to eat healthy but its hard to stop eating junk alltogether when i was use to eating it whenever before i started dieting.
  • goochinator
    goochinator Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I think its fine- as long as you stay within the range that you want to. I know for me, if Idont eat any juny stuff, I crave it and end up binging and overdoing it. if I feel deprived, then I know i'll overdo it, so i try to give myself what I want in moderation. Usually works.
    Good luck! :tongue:
  • babiecuddles
    babiecuddles Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Well I eat what I want; I just don’t over do it, and try to stay in my calorie count for the day. If I don’t eat what I want I crave it more and then end up eating a lot of it and bam that’s it for the day.
    So I would have to say enjoy small amounts, eat slowly and savor them.
    Another rule I’ve been going by is DON’T let myself get very hungry a small snack is better than starving and then over doing your next meal.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Yes, and no. . .

First of all, I still have treats that I ocassionally (like once a week or two) indulge in. But, for me, portion control is very important.

For example,
    I love potato chips. And, every few weeks, I buy a small bag. Once, I decided to buy a big bag, because I thought I could save some for later. I couldn't. I ate it all.

For me, it's best to recognize that junk food is junky. A lot of it is loaded with chemicals, preservative and things that simply aren't good for your body. Also, I believe that processed food is engineered to make us want to eat a lot of it.

So, indulge...but be careful. I aim for 95% whole food and 5% non-food edible items!:flowerforyou:
  • wainey48
    wainey48 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    i for the most part eat what i want i just have to be carefull how much, like instead of 4 peices of pizza i have 1 and a salad LOL I am usually not even close to being over my calories and i still eat mostly what i want, and i have lost 10lbs doing this! Good luck!
  • GinaB30
    GinaB30 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    So far for me, I tell myself I can have whatever I want so long as I don't go over my calories. It helps becuase that way I tend to make better choices to *save* some calories for later.
    Usually I have calories left. Sometimes TOO many!
  • raidersgirl
    Options
    thanks its good to know that you'll are doing the same things i am. i eat mostly healthy during the day and have a junky snack inthe evening. I try to eat the 100 cal packs. when i first saw them i thought they would be gross and have no flavor but actually they are very good and you get a decent amount for only 100 cal. Thanks Ladies!!
  • GinaB30
    GinaB30 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    I love the 100 calorie packs too! =o)
  • dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    i for the most part eat what i want i just have to be carefull how much, like instead of 4 peices of pizza i have 1 and a salad LOL I am usually not even close to being over my calories and i still eat mostly what i want, and i have lost 10lbs doing this! Good luck!

This would be my treat meal. I can't have just 1 slice of pizza. It is usually 2-3 and then I am done.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    I included the junk food when I first started loosing weight and I have notice the longer I eat the healthier items the less junk that I can tolerate. You have started and that is what matters most right now, baby steps to increase healthier options and reduce the junk will work the best, otherwise you may go on a bender and eat junk like crazy! :laugh: