Who screwed up today?

Options
I did so good all day and then totally blew it tonight.

I ate 2 chocolate chip cookies, and had a Dairy Queen twist cone.

Went over on calories and sugar
Yikes!

Replies

• krishildy
    krishildy Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    That happens! Just remember, tomorrow is a new day!!! Hang in there! Look at your successes, and don't worry about those bumps along the way.
  • CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Im reading this while munching on salt filled Jerky while Drinking a V-8 thats not reduced sodium. So much for healthy choices. LOL!! Oh well, tomorrows a new day my friend!!!
  • luppic8
    luppic8 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I didn't mess up my food, but I got too lazy to exercise. Oh well, I will get back on track tomorrow and I bet you will too!
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    It's just a day. So what? I bet today was better than most of the days you had before you decided to improve your health.
  • moyyster
    moyyster Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Life happens. Don't beat yourself up about it. Just accept today for what it was and move forward. Look at how far you have come and everything you've accomplished. Remember this is a journey, even if there are a few bumps along the way.
  • jrusso28
    jrusso28 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow I will rock it!

This is my first time being in the RED on calories.

Such a rebel. :)
  • nissafull
    nissafull Posts: 48
    Options
    No cardio today. 4 cals. over goal and the scale did not move but .3 lbs last week Sure feels like I screwed up!
  • abrown4348
    abrown4348 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I did really well all day too - then gave in to a craving for plain Lays potato chips at about 3:30 this afternoon. Oh well. Like someone else replied - I was still WAY better than any day before I started this! :)
  • faerybun
    faerybun Posts: 65
    Options
    More like I've been screwing up for the past three weeks. Man, finals coming up has got me so stressed and EXHAUSTED. All I want is carbs and sleep.

Plus my mom and I have been baking.

Endless calories, endless deliciousness.

But it's ok, I know that once school's out (In another three weeks) I'll get back on track, working out a ton more, break this plateau and lose this last 19 pounds

Could really use some support, though... [:

Thanks, guys.
  • amyoliver85
    amyoliver85 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Ya know what? I have come to this conclusion: who cares? No one on MFP who really matters is going to beat you up over an ice cream cone.

And ya know what else? It's NOT a screw up. It's an ice cream cone and a couple of chocolate chip cookies. If you look in the dictionaryunder "screwup", I'm pretty sure there is NOT a picture of you sitting at dairy queen eating that ice cream cone and holding a cookie. I could double check if you want me to, but I don't think I need to.

Part of this healthy lifestyle adjustment is to learn how to take care of yourself and to eat healthy and to exercise. But an equally and possibly larger part of it is to learn to create balance in your life so that you can be healthy but still enjoy life.

I'll tell you what my friend. I have enjoyed nothing so much in the past 3 weeks as I enjoyed my evening. I went out for a jog... 3.7 miles...came home and had a big honkin' piece of my healthified tres leches cake. And do you know why? Not because I was screwing up and not because I was doing a little self sabotage. Because I WANTED to. Because I felt like I would really be able to enjoy it. And enjoy it, I did.

So learn to create balance. Skip feeling guilty. It doesn't burn calories and it doesn't tone your body. In fact, it adds wrinkles in all the wrong places.
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I may have. Had perogies as a little study snack. Woops :\
  • anewattitude
    anewattitude Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Yep!!. I went grocery shopping and those evil doritos jumped into my cart. When I got home they somehow managed to pour themselves into a bowl ( a couple of times) and made their way over to me. I had no choice....

ok I enough of that crap..... I screwed up ROYALLY today!

Tomorrow is a new day for those of us who screwed up :)
  • mrk1day
    mrk1day Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm with ya. Coldstone ice cream and chocolate cake for dinner....with no work out. But remember - TOMORROW IS A NEW DAY!!!
  • sherri31
    sherri31 Posts: 80
    Options
    Dont feel bad ive messed up since friday :cry:
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Ya know what? I have come to this conclusion: who cares? No one on MFP who really matters is going to beat you up over an ice cream cone.

And ya know what else? It's NOT a screw up. It's an ice cream cone and a couple of chocolate chip cookies. If you look in the dictionaryunder "screwup", I'm pretty sure there is NOT a picture of you sitting at dairy queen eating that ice cream cone and holding a cookie. I could double check if you want me to, but I don't think I need to.

Part of this healthy lifestyle adjustment is to learn how to take care of yourself and to eat healthy and to exercise. But an equally and possibly larger part of it is to learn to create balance in your life so that you can be healthy but still enjoy life.

I'll tell you what my friend. I have enjoyed nothing so much in the past 3 weeks as I enjoyed my evening. I went out for a jog... 3.7 miles...came home and had a big honkin' piece of my healthified tres leches cake. And do you know why? Not because I was screwing up and not because I was doing a little self sabotage. Because I WANTED to. Because I felt like I would really be able to enjoy it. And enjoy it, I did.

So learn to create balance. Skip feeling guilty. It doesn't burn calories and it doesn't tone your body. In fact, it adds wrinkles in all the wrong places.

This is what wisdom looks like.
  • Evjones28
    Evjones28 Posts: 70
    Options
    Yes, went 510 over cals when I use to be mad that I had to eat 1270, was doing only 8-900. I needed change in a hurry and Church's chicken was the closest. I haven't purposely eaten fast foods but once since Nov 1, 2010 because I started gaining so much weight. And that once was still fish at Captain D's and then it was only because I wasn't gonna get home til late. Anywho, once the chicken and okra special was in the car i started pumping in the sodium and finished it off when I got home. Didn't feel too bad though cause I already had plans to make up for it the next few days :wink:
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I stuffed my face full of chocolate all. day. long.
  • CrimsonWife
    Options
    I took my kids out to lunch at Sweet Tomatoes as a treat after my oldest had to take the state standardized test. I did okay in terms of my lunch but then she was too full to eat her brownie. Should've saved it for her to eat tomorrow but I gave into temptation and ate it myself. Then of course it caused a "carb coma" and I was too tired to workout :-(
  • mericksmom
    mericksmom Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    HUGS. Dont beat yourself over it, Move on and find the reason why you decided to have the extra snacks.

If you want bad this weekend I went over by 1000 calories or so due to eating a burger from chilis and having a few drinks, yeah I gained but I am working on way down.
  • caesarslaw
    Options
    over my calories today again ...as I am typing this I am studying impleader and interpleader with a skinny vanilla latte in starbucks ...and eyeing some pastries :sad: but I think of days when I used to eat quadruple my calories so feel somewhat better