Wanting to give up.

Options
Nothing is going right anymore. I just feel like my feelings don't matter. I try, and help everyone, and in return I get hurt. I want to just keep eating the stupid bag of trail mix that's right next to me, but I know I shouldn't.

Replies

• rwillard78
    Options
    Back away from the trail mix! Remember, in the end, you are only hurting yourself. You deserve to meet your goal. Don't sabatoge yourself. Go brush, floss and rinse your teeth. This might help with the cravings. remember...you deserve to meet your goal.
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    Dont do it. it wont make you feel any better. You will be upset with yourself afterwards. What matters is you. Don't worry about others around you for a while, just focus on yourself. my brother once said to me some wise word,s (amazing for brothers). he said expect nothing from others and you wont be disappointed.
  • WhitneyLuv
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
    Dnt give up, we all go thru rough times... maybe u should focus a lil more on U than everyone else n things will look up, in the meantime, put down the bag of trail mix and pick up sum fruits instead!!
  • anewattitude
    anewattitude Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! There are many people here who are willing to support you. Try not to let the negative people in your life sabbotage your goals. Stay true to yourself!!
  • luppic8
    luppic8 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Oh come on, don't give up! You will feel worse if you give in. Keep your head high and look to us here on MFP for support and recognition. Feel free to add me as a buddy!
  • MeggieMae22
    Options
    rwillard78: Thank you I will do that. I also will put the trail mix up so I will hopefully forget about it for the night,
  • abaker768
    abaker768 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    say NO to to the trail mix!!!!! I've been there, done that, and got the post card. It sucks, but I do my best to surround myself with my *true* family and friends. Even though it may be only one or two people I can count on, it helped! Keep your head up, girly!! You can add me if you want!
  • RaeN81
    RaeN81 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Even if you eat the entire bag (but please don't because you'll feel sick) it won't change your feelings. Dealing with the roots of overeating takes time, dedication and help. Maybe a nice soothing bath, a walk or calling a friend might be better coping mechanisms. If you do eat the trail mix--try not to feel super guilty about it. Learn from this experience and move on--every day is a new chance for success.
  • MeggieMae22
    Options
    Thank you everyone it's nice to see I'm not alone. I'm glad to have the people MFP on my side to keep me going.
  • wonderfulboodad
    Options
    Hang in there. I found out my girlfriend was terminal with cancer last December and gave in and gave up. I am back on track and we are living our lives to the fullest controlling the illness and not letting it control us. She is losing weight thru chemo and I am losing weight with her support and love.
  • nienhulm
    nienhulm Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Stop! Back away from the trail mix slowly. Slowly! Now, take a deep breath, brush your teeth, maybe fix a cup of herbal tea and tell yourself you are awesome. Because YOU ARE. You're worth too much to give up on.
  • snickerpants
    snickerpants Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it will help but when I feel like I need to eat something out of boredom or emotion I start chewing gum. It keeps your jaw moving and mint gum+trail mix = super yucky gross.

Please don't give up! You will overcome this and the next time, it won't be so hard. And then next time, it'll be even easier. And then one day, you'll look back and think "Wow, that was difficult BUT I DID IT!"
  • MeggieMae22
    Options
    I feel a lot better thank you everyone for your support. The trail mix has been put up I am going to go grab a good book, and just relax, and try again tomorrow.
  • AmyS79
    AmyS79 Posts: 65
    Options
    DONT Trade the ULTIMATE for the IMMediate!!!! My pastor did a message on this and it is my strength when I am weak. you can watch the message if you like www.lifechurch.tv
  • rwillard78
    Options
    :) This is what everyone is here for. We've all been through it.
  • ccwicks
    ccwicks Posts: 39
    Options
    Small steps and we all will get there together, at various times, but we will achieve our goals through the strength and support of our friends.

“I believe life is constantly testing us for our level of commitment, and life's greatest rewards are reserved for those who demonstrate a never-ending commitment to act until they achieve. This level of resolve can move mountains, but it must be constant and consistent. As simplistic as this may sound, it is still the common denominator separating those who live their dreams from those who live in regret.”

Life is too short for regrets, we've got to enjoy the journey :)
  • ThaiKaren
    ThaiKaren Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Don't give up, love of hugs sent your way xx
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    We all have hard days...but eating is not really going to fix anything, and will make you feel worse after you do it!

2639362.png
  • Bailey_Renee2
    Bailey_Renee2 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    We have all been there! We just have to remember that this is something we are doing for ourselves because we deserve to feel good about ourselves :]
  • Onmyway123
    Options
    Put down that damn bag, girl, there is nothing in the bottom but heartache. You can do it!
    Or better yet, save it and use it to pelt your enemies. The next time someone abuses your feeling, simply toss a huge handful over their head....all the satisfaction of the trail mix, none of those pesky calories...muhahahaha
    seriously. you CAN do it.