Salmon and Spinach Frittata

Options
unckat09
unckat09 Posts: 97
I made this last night. Um, "wow" is all I can say. Delish and filling! For under 200 calories, it was totally worth leaving work early to make :happy: . I served it with whole wheat pita.

1 Cup Egg Beaters, or egg substitute
1/2 Cup Mild Cheddar Cheese
2 Wedges Laughing Cow Sun Dried Tomato Mozzarella Basil (light)
1/2 Cup Non-Fat, Plain Greek Yogurt
1/2 Cup Skim Milk
2 Tbls Extra Virgin Olive Oil
4 Cups Fresh Baby Spinach
3 oz Smoked Salmon
3 Garlic Cloves
Salt and pepper to taste if desired (I didn't use any salt, the salmon was enough)
* Pre-heat oven to 375

* In a large sauce pan, add olive oil on medium heat. Break cloves with hand, but do not chop (you might find this step to be unnecessary, but I sincerely feel like it made a difference). Once pan is warm, add whole garlic cloves and baby spinach. Cook spinach with garlic cloves, stirring throughout (this should take no more than 5 mins). Turn off heat source, but let garlic sit with spinach.

* In a microwave safe bowl, slightly melt laughing cow cheese wedges (30 seconds or so). In a large bowl gently wisk egg substitute, cheddar cheese, laughing cow cheese wedges, greek yogurt, and skim milk.

* Slice smoked salmon into bite sized cubes and add to egg mixture.

* Remove garlic cloves from spinach and chop. Turn the saucepan back on, and place chopped garlic back with spinach. Turn pan up to medium-high heat, then add egg-salmon mixture. Gently mix all ingredients while on stove top. Cook for 5-7 minutes.

* Remove pan from stove top and carefully place in the oven. Cook for 20-25 minutes, or until the a knife inserted into the thickest spot comes out clean. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE use a kitchen mit when you remove the pan from the stove. The handle will be HOT!!

** Let cool. The frittata should transfer easily if you put a plate on top of the pan and flip it over. For aesthetic reasons, I typically flip again :-).

Replies

• unckat09
    unckat09 Posts: 97
    Options
    Forgot to add the nutrition info:

Servings: 6

Calories: 156
    Fat: 9
    Sodium: 65
  • kitkat1781
    Options
    This sounds delish!!! Thanks so much for sharing...I may give this a whirl for easter brunch!
  • fzyfrog
    fzyfrog Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Bump! sounds yum!