Stretch marks??

Options
Hi there, I had my baby boy 5 months ago. I was wondering if any ladies on here know of any tricks that actually work to get rid of or even help to fade stretch marks??? Any advise would be great :)

Replies

• SamanthaSteg
    SamanthaSteg Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Nothing will get rid of them, but I've found bio oil works well in fading them.
  • laurascott20
    Options
    Thanks i'll have to get some and try it out!
  • michelle4271
    michelle4271 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS!!!!! I have a road map of canyons telling the story of 4 beautiful children,,,,and yes I would erase every last one of them,,,the roadmap of canyons that is, in a heartbeat if I could, so instead I have learned to "love/loath" them haha. I will say, that they do tend to fade over time,,,,dont stress over it and just engulf yourself in that beautiful baby boy.
  • curleesam
    curleesam Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I used bio oil religiously twice a day throughout my pregnancy till about four months after. Now I've switched to palmers cocoa butter and I have to say that it's fading them noticeably. I don't think that it matters what you put on them just so long as you keep your skin moisturised and your body hydrated.
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I used bio oil religiously twice a day throughout my pregnancy till about four months after. Now I've switched to palmers cocoa butter and I have to say that it's fading them noticeably. I don't think that it matters what you put on them just so long as you keep your skin moisturised and your body hydrated.

I agree. I use Bio Oil & skin firming lotions. Nourished/hydrated skin retains and rebuild elasticity so this will help with stretch marks & skin reducing as you loose weight.

Stretch marks are actually scars so there is no way (short of surgery to remove the skin) to permanently remove them. There has been great success with laser therapy but its expensive.

ANother natural way is tan skin, it helps even out the color tone.
  • JellyPrz619
    JellyPrz619 Posts: 172
    Options
    After trying countless creams out there i decided that i would just learn to love them.. they're faded now kinda blend into my skin color ( no longer the crazy red they once were) i have stretch marks on my sides from gaining weight during puberty and some under my belly button that appeared AFTER i had my daughter