To Many Friends?

Options
2»

Replies

• RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    I drop people if I don't interact with them. Or they offend me (not likely). Or they aren't on for a while.

I would prefer to have fewer friends that I can really check up on, have them hold me accountable and really develop some camaraderie.

I don't want to see if I can have 1,000 friends and then end up with a ever-rolling Home page filled with "LOL's", "LMFAO's" and "Hey, my Hubby, left the toilet seat up again".

I rarely not accept a friend request, but I quietly delete a few down the road.
  • rockabyesarojane
    Options
    I drop people if I don't interact with them. Or they offend me (not likely). Or they aren't on for a while.

I would prefer to have fewer friends that I can really check up on, have them hold me accountable and really develop some camaraderie.

I don't want to see if I can have 1,000 friends and then end up with a ever-rolling Home page filled with "LOL's", "LMFAO's" and "Hey, my Hubby, left the toilet seat up again".

I rarely not accept a friend request, but I quietly delete a few down the road.

yup. same here. i add people upon request but only delete them if we don't interract at all within a couple of weeks. I don't care how many friends THEY have, i just want to be sure I'm being a good friend to the ones III have and know that they're doing the same for me. if she sent you a message about it, it kind of sounds like she wanted you to BEG her to be your friend or something. seems kind of strange to me!
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Yeah I am the same way... It is really strange that that person messaged you to tell you that...

But just remember that this isn't a social network like facebook... its about weightloss and fitness...

So people are going to drop people more often than you would drop someone on facebook. Simply because most people want a small group of people that they can interact and check up on...

when you get too many people then you lose those you were close to, and it just becomes a cyber crowd.
  • Mmmary212
    Mmmary212 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    That is very odd to tell you first LOL Who cares if someone X's you. If I friend request someone and realize their goals and habits dont mesh with mine...and that's okay, I have removed people. No harm done...

Maybe if you have too many friends, you wont give them all the attention they may desperately need and seek here. Which makes sense, but still is odd.
  • dustylcsmith
    dustylcsmith Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Yes, I agree that it really is not a big deal... just odd that they would message me to tell me they are doing so....